ᴄᴀʀᴅɪᴏ ɪsɴ'ᴛ sᴀɢᴇ ʙʀᴏᴡɴ's sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟᴛʏ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Sage laid, staring at her ceiling of the new apartment for hours. Something about the new environment left her with sleepless nights.

She got up, and slipped on her shoes, and grabbed a hoodie. She threw it on over her head. Rafe was only a five minute walk away from her, and the familiarity of his house was sure to get her to sleep.

She arrived at the Cameron house, and looked up at Rafe's bedroom window to see all of his lights were off.

Sage walked over to the side of the house, and climbed up the tree that stood high, right outside of Rafe's window.

One she reached the top, she knew that Rafe always left his window unlocked for her. She pushed open the window, and quietly climbed in, closing it behind her.

Rafe had his back turned to her, so she quietly crept over to him, and placed her hand on his shoulder. Rafe jumped, and quickly snapped his head towards her.

Sage held a finger up to her lips, and Rafe relaxed. Sage slipped off her shoes, and climbed into bed next to him, wrapping her arm around him.

"Did I wake you up?" Sage whispered, and Rafe shook his head.

"I've been awake, I couldn't sleep." Rafe said. Sage looked at his expression, and kissed his forehead softly.

"What's wrong?" Sage asked, and Rafe's tears threatened to fall.

"I just always have this feeling of impending doom inside me that I can't get rid of." Rafe said. He knew the fear of impending doom was from the day he shot Peterkin.

He didn't regret it, he saved his dad, and that's all that mattered to him, other than Sage. He always seeked Ward's approval.

"Well I'm here, and I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Sage said, pulling his head into her chest.

"I love you." Rafe muttered out, and Sage just squeezed him tighter. It killed her to see him like this. Sage heard pounding footsteps coming up the stairs, and she pulled away from Rafe.

"Someone's coming." Sage said, and Rafe sat up and saw the door knob turning.

"Hide." Rafe said. Sage stood up, and fell onto the ground next to the bed, where she couldn't be seen from the door.

Sage heard the footsteps getting closer, and she slowly slid herself under Rafe's bed. She covered her mouth with her hand, to quiet her heavy breathing.

"Rafe." Ward whispered. Rafe turned over and looked at his dad, who had panic written all over his face.

"What? What is it?" Rafe asked, worriedly.

"I need your help." Ward spoke. Rafe slowly crawled out of bed, and followed his dad downstairs and outside.

Sage heard the front door close, and she slid out from under the bed, and took a sigh of relief. Sage sat down of Rafe's bed, sinking into his soft mattress.