▌│█║▌║▌║ 9 ║▌║▌║█│▌

"I'll ruin Mama's plan." He looked at us, "I'll make sure the escape plan is a succeeds!"

The room fell to a deathly silence after that. Suspense hung in the air as Y/N clenched her fists, closing her eyes. Ray just scoffed and looked to the side but the anger in his posture betrayed him. Emma just stayed silent, her eyes watery and threatening to spill tears. 

"Thank you, guys." Norman broke the silence, smiling. "We should come up with a plan to be executed after I'm gone." 

Y/N looked away, she couldn't bear the thought of Norman sacrificing herself for their sake, after all she was supposed to protect them, that's what she promised herself, right? 

She promised that Connie would be the last, yet here they were, losing yet another sibling. 

"Are you kidding me?" Ray mumbled beside the H/C-nette, his obsidian eyes flooded with tears. "If that's the case, then what was I doing for six years?" 

Norman just smiled sadly, "I'm sorry."

"Damn it." Y/N cursed, dropping her head and squeezing her eyes shut. A single tear escaped her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. 

The room was once again silent, the air heavy and thick. 

"Then Ray and Y/N can break their legs too!" Emma abruptly suggested, raising her hand and looking at Norman with hope. 

"Eh?" 

"Is that okay, Ray? Y/N?" Emma pressed,  smiling. "Break it!" 

"Emma, what are you talking about?" Ray asked, looking at Emma incrediously. 

"Since I'm seriously injured, I don't think I can take Norman's place in getting shipped out. Didn't the demon mention it at the gate before? We are the high-end goods. The very special ones at that. We must be shipped in good condition."

"... I get what you mean." Y/N nodded. "They would need Ray or me as an replacement. So if Ray and I were both as badly injured as Emma is, neither of us would be shipped out right away. It would buy us more time." 

Ray laughed, "That would actually work. Okay, let's break it."

"But if we really are going to do it, we should break our arms instead, more specifically the non-dominant one." Y/N suggested, a ghost of a smile flitting across her face. Norman said nothing, just staring at the trio in wonder, his mouth agape. 

"Right! Let's break your arms!" Emma smiled enthusiastically. 

"No, w-wait!" Norman cut in worriedly. "There's no guarantee you won't be shipped right away if you're injured."

"Then catch a bad cold." Emma countered.

"The demons won't eat food with diseases, right?" Ray backed Emma up. 

"Breaking your bones is painful. Catching a cold is hard too. But you guys can take it, right?" Emma grinned, looking happy for the first time since she got her leg broken.

"Yep!" 

"We can communicate the escape plan using a paper cup telephone." Y/N suggested, feeling adrenaline course through her veins. 

This could work! Norman won't have the sacrifice himself!

"That's a good idea. We don't need to worry that Mama would hear us." Ray agreed, placing his hands on Emma's bed. 

"But that's..."

"If this doesn't work, we'll find another way!" Emma cut Norman off with a determined stare. "We can deal with anything."