Chapter 3 Curious Gaze

Elena Davis,

I am so frustrated that I have to cancel my visit to dad as this new CEO decided to put his nose in my life and he is barging in today.  Patty is so happy about that. I got ready for office early as according to my new unwanted job description, I need to assist him in work and be ready for his help as he needs it. Is he a baby? That I have to present for his service every second? Something is very fishy about his demands from his assistant. Now, I don’t have any way out of it. I complained to the old CEO. Maybe that’s why I have to bear it.

I ate my breakfast hurriedly as Patty wasn’t there to scold me, she always leaves early in the morning for her office as she is a news reporter. She mostly works outdoors for her news channel. I got in my car and drove towards my office while listening to music. My mood changed gradually, I don’t know but music always had a magical effect on me.

As I reached my office, I dropped my purse and headed to Theo’s office. I knocked on his office door, I heard him say come in, so I entered. I saw him embedded in some files, sitting on his chair, looking prim and proper in his suit like always.

“Good Morning, Theo.” He looked up from his files as he heard my voice, he had a frown on his face but it immediately turned into a smile.

“Good morning, Sweetheart.” He got up from his seat and approached me with the same file in his hand. He looked overjoyed for some reason.

“Why are you so happy today? Have you gone on a date that you haven’t told me about?” I teased him, while sitting on the sofa which is located away from his desk near the window. He rolled his eyes at me and sat near me. Our Theo doesn’t date, I don’t know why? But he said he is waiting for that girl to approach me. God knows, what does that even mean?  Sometimes he talks nonsense. I suppressed my laugh.

“You could have told me before taking that step.” God is he never going to leave that thing? He already lectured me a lot about that stuff. If something wrong is going on in our office, we have to report it.  

“We already discussed this stuff.” I turned from him and gazed outside of the window. How it is difficult to understand that I already did it.

“Ok. Ok. We will not discuss this again.” He pleaded and turned me to face him with my shoulders. He shook his head a little with a subtle frown.

“I am just worried about you, El.”He is right in his place, Elena. Don’t stress him out. He did so many things for you. His eyes were begging me to understand him. His face was creased too.

“I am sorry, Theo.” He rubbed my shoulders to console and flashed his smile at me. He nodded at me and handled the file in his hand to mine. I took it and started reading it. It was the file about our new CEO; there wasn’t any photo of him, just his basic contact details. His name wasn’t familiar at all, Arius Accardo. Wait, Accardo? I jerked my head in his direction to confirm by doubt. 

“Accardo?  Chairman’s son? Why?” He just nodded his head at me. Chairman never showed up in the company or his son. Well, we didn’t even know that he had a son. They all are very reserved. Only the Ex- CEO contacted him. Let it be, it doesn’t have anything to do with me. I just have to do my job.

“You are freed from your previous duties and from today, you will assist him while working.” Theo informed me. It’s crystal clear that he didn’t like that but we both are bound for this.

“Yes, Boss.”He smirked at me and I was about to go but he pulled me in a hug. I was surprised by his move but hugged him back. He put his hand on my back of head for a moment and broke the hug.

“Just know, I am here for your help.” My eyebrows arched in confusion. What’s wrong with him?  Maybe he needed a hug from his friend. Something is definitely wrong with him. I and Patty will talk with him later. Right now, I have to deal with someone. I nodded and left his office, maybe he was just worried about my decision to mail the chairman.