Chapter 9

2nd April 2020

Sumedh woke up and and found himself sleeping on a little bed they had made for Samar to use when he grow up. They had made a whole bedroom for him.

Suhani was asleep in their bedroom. Sumedh came out and looked everywhere. Sun was shining bright and it's light was coming in from all windows. Sumedh turned off all the lights and sat on sofa.

His head was hurting because of hangover from last night's vodka. He thought for a minute that sunlight is excessively bright nowadays.

"Fucking global pandemic and fucking global warming" He said to himself and covered his eyes.

Suhani came outside and immediately covered her eyes.

Sumedh stood up to leave the room where she was present. He went into kitchen to make some tea.

Suhani sat down on sofa and started checking her phone. In some minutes she saw Sumedh going into guest room with a cup of tea in his hand.

Now she went into the kitchen to make herself some coffee but it was already there. Sumedh had made coffee for Suhani.

Suhani sighed and took it. She was regretting her decision of asking him for a divorce. She was hurt and angry but their marriage still deserved a chance.

Suhani never wanted this to happen but situation was not in their favor. Her father was pressurising her to end this marriage but somewhere in her heart she wanted everything to get cleared.

Her loss was unbridgeable but she recognised that it was his loss too. He loved their child. He loved her. His love was unconditional. She was realising her mistake. He was the cause behind Samar's death but he wasn't the reason. There was a difference. And that difference was worth considering.

Suhani decided to get ready. She had her coffee and went.

Sumedh saw her going inside and came out.

"Vahini aap ro kyu rahi hai? Main thik hoo" Sumedh said "Suhani bhi thik hai"

"Main janti hoo tum dono thik nahi ho" Saanvi said "Shantanu Sahil se baat karega. Sahil ko aisa nahi hai ki tumhari aur Suhani ki shaadi toot jaye.. He'll help. Tum dono ghar aa jao"

"Vahini bahar nahi ja sakte ghar ke. It's risky even after doing everything. Covid can actually kill us. Patients are rising and.. Bas thode din ke baat hai naa.." Sumedh said.

"Tab tak dil ghabraya rahega hamara" Saanvi was crying "Suhani kaha hai? Wo baat kyu nahi karti kisise?"

Sumedh didn't know how to answer that.

"Vahini wo... Aisa kuch nahi hai. Suhani thodisi disturbed hai par aisa nahi hai ki wo aapse baat nahi kar rahi" Sumedh said.

Sumedh felt his phone being snatched away.

"Vahini aap aisa bilkul mat sochiye. Main aur Sumedh hum dono thik hai" Suhani said.

Sumedh was surprised after looking at her. She was wearing a red anarkali suit and her mangalsutra was back around her neck.

"Main Sumedh ko kuch nahi hone dungi aap chinta na kare" Suhani said.

Sumedh gave her a confused look. He didn't know if she was okay. Was she in reality?

Suhani ended her phone call and looked at him.

"I am okay" She said.

"Okay" He said.

"Sumedh, I am sorry. I was wrong" Suhani said "Maine jo bhi kaha wo galat tha. Mujhe divorce ki baat nahi karni chahiye thi. I don't want a divorce"