14

September 20th 8:54AM

Groupchat: Brad, Connor, James, Tristan

JAMES: So what would happen if we kept Jade?

BRAD: Have you asked Jade?

JAMES: No that's why I'm doing this on the chat without her

TRISTAN: I mean, tours would become a lot more fun

CONNOR: James I don't think you can pick up a child and keep it

JAMES: I know but if we went through all the legal stuff and kept her?

BRAD: I'm sure it would be fine. But that's a lot to consider. I mean, we're a band who goes on tour. Eventually she'll have exams and shit

CONNOR: I'd be fine with it

TRISTAN: Would she want to?

JAMES: I don't think she has anyone else

BRAD: Ask her

CONNOR: Ask her now!

JAMES: She's still asleep. I'm not waking her up

TRISTAN: I'm coming to your room to see this

BRAD: Same

CONNOR: Me too

JAMES: Well I can't get up so HA

BRAD: Explain why you cannot possibly get up

TRISTAN: Don't tell me she's asleep on you

JAMES: ...

JAMES: Maybe

CONNOR: James that door better be unlocked

Then the door opened, making James jump. He could've sworn the door was locked. But apparently not.

"James, why is your door unlocked?" Tristan asked, walking in.

"I thought it was locked," James replied.

Tristan walked in further and saw the girl he'd met yesterday, cuddled into James. "I think this is one of the cutest things I've seen," He said. Then someone knocked on the door. "That'll be the other two." The door got answered and the last two band members entered.

"James, we can't not keep her," Brad said, after taking a sneaky picture of them.

"But she might not want that," James replied, sighing.

"Well, we have to leave soon, so wake her up, ask her and we'll see what happens," Connor said.

"Jade," Tristan said gently, shaking her shoulder lightly, "Wake up."

Her eyes opened and she sat up fast, "What did I do?" She rushed out quickly, looking around in a slight panic.

"Nothing, Jade," James said, "It's just us."

It took a second, but the girl calmed down, "What time is it?"

"About ten past ten," Brad answered, checking his phone.

"I need to get home," She said, her eyes going wide, about to get up.

But before she could, James took hold of her arm, not letting her up, "No. You're not going back there. You'll only get hurt," He said.

"I can deal with it," Jade replied, shaking his arm off and going to get up again, but this time, getting stopped by Tristan. "What?"

"Well, what you don't know... is that we may have called someone about this," He said, "Last night. And we have to take you to the police station this morning."

"You what!" She yelled, then all of a sudden got scared, "He's going to kill me. He's really going to kill me this time."

"He's not going to kill you," James said, "I won't let him."

"I already said I'd tell him off for you, so there's no way in Hell I'll let him kill you," Connor said.

"Besides, if we're going to police, they won't let him kill you either," Tristan told her.

"No he said if I-"

"Jade, calm down, okay?" James said, putting his arm around her, "We're not letting you go back to him, and he sure as Hell isn't killing you. I promise on The Beach Boys." A small smile made its way to her lips, making the others smile a bit. "I wasn't starting to think you couldn't smile, you know."

"We need to go soon, so let's get breakfast and we'll go," Connor told them. Everyone nodded, most going back to their own rooms to get changed.

"Do you not want to change into something else?" James asked Jade.

"I have nothing else with me," She shrugged, "It's alright though."

"You sure?" He asked, "I could go get you something."

"It's fine," Jade said, "Thanks though."

"Alright," He sighed, "Let's go then."

The two met the others by the lift, and the five of them went out for breakfast before arriving at the police station. But as they went in, Jade suddenly froze, remembering the last time she was in here was when they decided where she was going to live after her parents died. That's before Kieran died.

"Jade what's wrong?" Connor asked.

"I'm scared," She admitted, her hands shaking slightly.

He took her hand and led them both inside, "We're right here with you."