Chapter 7 - Did she forgive them?

Xavier's POV

Xavier's POV

"X!" The familiar voice howls, echoing throughout the whole estate. I specifically told the guards to not let these bastards in. I cannot stand to hear their apologies over and over again.

Two shadows approach the stairs as I find my legs slowly trudging towards as well. A part of me really misses my mates however another part of me recalls the betrayal. Reaching the first floor, the two dickheads snap their heads towards me and gulp heavily. "I could call the police for breaking in."

"We all know you wouldn't do that," Charlie chuckles which soon ceases when he receives the death glare from me. Joseph nudges Charlie's elbow as a warning.

"Watch me," I turn to head inside my room and pick up the phone when the two men snatch it away. If my legs weren't in a critical condition, I would've kicked these sons of bitches out myself. "Listen, just fuck off, I am in no mood to listen to you two so just leave before I call the guards."

"X, just please, listen to us once, just once," Joseph pleads as Charlie follows.

"Fine, five minutes only," I motion them to begin. I didn't even listen to them when I was in hospital despite their constant pleadings for which I do feel bad and restless. They showed up quite a few times in the house too but my heartless mind kicked them out.

"Thank you," Joseph sighs as well as Charlie silently thanks the Lord, "X, it may seem like we had lied to you or betrayed you but trust me, we haven't done either. We- we were just scared.....Thomas was scared because of what he did. Never in our life have we ever thought that Jason was going to come out and blame you-,"

"But that bloody bastard did and who did that affect the most, huh?" I cut him off with my sudden hiss.

"We are truly sorry for that, trust me, we are. What we did that night was out of anger, something we have always dealt with violence," Charlie sighs, making me shake my head.

"I would have forgiven you all if it didn't affect my relationship with M-Madalyne- damn it!" My hands run through my hair out of frustration. I would happily accept everything if Madalyne wasn't hurt but she was because of not only me but also because of my fucking friends' stupid actions. Silence falls between us as Joseph and Charlie share side glances.

Joseph breaks the silence, "X, we will accept any punishment you give but please fucking talk to us, forgive us," The guilt and desperation for forgiveness is evident in their eyes.

"It's not that easy, I need some time to think," I growl staring out of the huge window. A flight of birds fly away onto somewhere which sometimes makes me question why can't our lives be this easy.

"She said that same thing," Joseph smirks in a low voice to Charlie which makes my head snap to them.

"Who said?" My sudden question of interest makes them chuckle. I let out a deep sigh "Fucking hell."

"No one, just saying,"

"Do not forget that I haven't forgiven you idiots yet. Whose idea was it to barge in my house?" I glare at them.

"Fine, Madalyne's. Not actually but she did suggest," Joseph says. My heart skips a beat when he says that. Is Madalyne on good terms with them? Did she forgive them?

"Why did you meet her?"

"To apologize,"

"Did she?"

"Jesus, calm down, mate. No she hasn't but she will think about it. We really hope she does," Joseph mutters the last part under his breath. I hope so too.

"X, I get it you need time but will you think about forgiving Thomas and Leo?" Charlie asks with a hint of hope in his eyes.

"Then where the fuck are they?" I point out the absence of the two obvious guilty men who should be begging for forgiveness.

"We were hoping you would ask that," And there they are. The two men who I beat the fuck out of appear from outside my bedroom. Leo and Thomas approach the three of us, looking down and nervous. The stupid looks on their faces make me want to reopen those wounds on them.

"Now these two are finally here, I hope we all can talk without getting under anyone's skin," Charlie nervously smiles giving everyone a wide glance; specially the two fuckers.

.................................

"-you are our best mate, like a brother and always will be even though we- I betrayed you and for that I am ready for any kind of punishment....," It seems as if Thomas has prepared his whole speech before coming here. Charlie and Joseph look like they are about to fall in fits of laughter as they are trying to control themselves at his speech.

I cannot help but roll my eyes at Thomas and Leo's emotional talk. Eventually the redhead Charlie and blonde Joseph join each other in laughter making Leo and Thomas scowl at them. "I am s-sorry .....but...," Charlie continues between laughing, ".....that was....hilarious....I-I have never seen.... Thomas and Leo this serious....hahaha...."

An unexpected chuckle escapes my mouth making all of their heads snap towards me, astonished. "Did you hear what I just heard?" One of them whispers, "I-I think so," Another whispers. Dramatic much?

"So you- you are not mad at us anymore?" Thomas mumbles.

"I am, actually a lot. I trusted you guys the most but unfortunately.... Fuck, I don't know anything I just need time, for specially you two," I point to both Leo and Thomas. Trust is something that cannot be done within a snap of fingers; it may just take a long time, at least for me it will. These idiots are my friends, mates, like brothers therefore I cannot hold grudges forever.

The guilt and sincerity is evident in their eyes which, even if I want to, I cannot ignore. "Now get the fuck out of my house, I have important work," They all nod in unison and soon begins to leave when Joseph turns to ask me.

"Are you coming to campus anytime soon?"

Damn it, I haven't thought about the university. What's the point of going there anymore? Apparently, I don't need any fucking degree or something and my angel will be there which will test my patience. But I do want to see her angelic face and hear her delicate voice even if it's for a second.

I find myself nodding, "Perhaps in two or three days." Fuck why did I say that? My desperation for seeing Madalyne will lead me to make bad decisions.

"What?! You cannot!" The familiar voice exclaims.

"Why is she still here?" Joseph asks me, giving me a weird look. 'Whatever her name is' walks inside, ignoring Joseph, towards me. I give him an assuring look and usher him to go which he obliges.

"Mr. Hendry, I am going to have to stop you from going outside. You are still recovering,"

'And you are?' I want to utter those words badly but I am in no mood and I have some important work regarding the company.

"I am perfectly fine so I can go wherever the fuck I want. You cannot stop me," Just as I am about to walk past her, she stops me by putting her palm on my chest. The audacity.

"I cannot let you do that, you need to recover completely first," She says softly and stares at my face with concern. Can't she understand professionalism? I grip her wrist and abruptly take it off me, glaring at her.

"Do not forget that you are just the nurse," And with that I leave the room.

😦 Vote and Comment