Chapter 70 - The End!

Madalyne's eyelids slowly begin to part away

Madalyne's eyelids slowly begin to part away. Her heavy eyes try to adjust themselves in the bright light peeking from between the curtains. As soon as she flickers away the duvet from her body, a chilling sensation takes over her body.

She comes to realize that the windows of the familiar room are wide open. Therefore, the whole room is filled with idyllic wind, causing the curtains to float in the air. Madalyne's eyebrows scrunch once she scrutinizes her surroundings.

'Why does the room look familiar?' She wonders.

After a few seconds elapsing and her senses returning, a realization trickles through her. It's the room where Xavier and Madalyne spent their first night, the room in Xavier's previous house. The same paintings hung on the wall, the same mirrored ceiling, the same arrangement of the furniture.

'This has to be some sort of dream.'

As she begins to think intensely, she recalls the events that occurred before she lost consciousness. Her body begins to tense up as her heavy eyes flicker everywhere. She notices she is no longer wearing the heavy gown.

Her clothes have been changed and she is put into sweats and a loose t-shirt.

'Where is Xavier?'

She looks to her right only to see wrinkled sheets and pillows. She can even recognize the familiar scent - the scent which provides her the feelings of warmth and safety. Finally, Madalyne lifts herself off the bed and strides towards the doors with sore legs.

'How long have I been sleeping?' Madalyne wonders as her body goes through excruciating pain. This must be due to not having movement for a long time. As soon as she opens the doors, a fresh and relaxing ambience welcomes her.

Her eyes wander all around the hallway, a small smile plastering on her lips. A lot of memories flood back into her curious mind. Last time she knew, the house was not safe at all - for which Xavier and his brothers moved out from this house.

It must be safe to be here now otherwise Xavier would never let her be here. Madalyne's curious and eager self causes her to run down the stairs smoothly. Once reaching the main hall, her footsteps cease, making her fall into a pit of hesitation.

'Where is Xavier?'

Her heart rate begins to increase vigorously, making her fumble with her fingers.

'What if Xavier is not here and I am still stuck in the nightmare?'

Madalyne wonders, referring to those days of her "captivity" . She does not want to recall any of that now but being alone causes her thoughts to fall into the loophole. With reluctance, Madalyne begins to walk towards the living room when her nose picks up a smell.

A smell that makes her gulp in hunger and makes her mouth moisturized. Her face immediately lights up upon realizing where the smell is coming from. Soon she finds herself entering the kitchen and the sight that welcomes her has been desired by her for so many days.