Part 1/1

My life story was simple. Or so I thought. It turned out to be a lot more complicated when I met him. He drew me in, there was just something about him that I couldn't put into words. The way he looked so calm and quiet. It caused a loud beating in my chest and forced a blush onto my cheeks. I didn't even know this boy and he made me feel so many new emotions. It felt so right, but I later learned it was so wrong. Allow me to start from the beginning.

I'm Xingqiu, everything about me is seemingly perfect. I get straight A's, I'm a good leader, I don't cut any corners, I make a point to be on time wherever I go, I never blackout at parties. It's my duty as the Student Council President. I have to be perfect. It's the promise I made to myself, when I was adopted at the age of 2. My parents gave me anything I could've ever wanted in life. Honestly, it's a wonder how I got here, I don't even know how I managed it.

And here he is, that pretty boy, walking past my locker, chatting with one of my peers. He makes my heart flutter and I want to explode right there and then. But I wouldn't dare say anything. I'd be frowned upon. Of course it would, it'd be odd for me, President Perfect. That's what they call me. They bestowed such a high and mighty title onto me. Can I really live up to it?

Of course I can. I'll just keep my mouth shut, I can't risk such a thing getting out and knocking me off my throne. This emotion, whatever it is, is something I'm not even sure about. I just saw this boy, maybe it's just a figment of my imagination. It is. I'm as straight as one can be; from my hair, straight a's, straight forward. I'm a straight guy! I'm the image of perfection.

That title rings throughout my mind. President Perfect. That's me. Of course it's me. It has to be.

And don't you dare feel bad for me! It can't get worse can it? Well, that's where both of us would be wrong. I made friends with this guy in my class, I guess it was a way to distract myself from him. So I invited him to stay over at my apartment. His name was Albedo. He was in the student council with me.

We spent the night laughing, drinking. And something about him drew me in. It was PLATIONIC!!! Of course! That night, it was incredibly exciting, I saw a new side to my co-captain. His smirks drove me wild, hours felt like seconds.

That's when the moment hit. He took a sip, I bit my lip. He told a joke, and I laughed until my sides hurt. He smiled at me and moved my hair out of my face. I sit there, blacking out for the first time in my life. Losing control because of him. I finally lean in and kiss him, but it can't end in bliss can it?

I saw a face outside my window. My mind goes wild with thoughts and emotions. I can't be doing this. I can't risk falling off my throne. Love isn't something I know. I can't risk everything for this. I can't do this, I can't get thrown off from an emotion I don't even know!

He pulled away, there was nothing there. There was never anything there. My heart pounds so hard I feel as though it's going to beat out of my chest. I'll pretend like I forgot, I never remembered a thing. Deny the truth, it's easier than explaining myself.

I'm just confused, I have to believe him. There's nothing there! It was never worth it. Not when you're President Perfect.

And for some reason, Chongyun pops into my mind for the first time in months. That beautiful boy that captured my heart when I first saw him. Maybe there wasn't anything between Albedo and I. But what about him. Chongyun.

My heart flutters again. Do I even dare? I'm already ruined. No more straight boy... Maybe, it wouldn't be too bad if I went with my heart for once?

I walk through the halls, and stand at my locker and there he is. I take a deep breath and take two steps toward him. My title is on the line, and yet I don't care. He looks at me and a rush of deja vu rushes over me. I bite my lip, and kiss him. Right there in the hallway. And to my surprise. He kisses me back. I've lost my title, and yet everything finally feels perfect.