Prologue

That gun

BOOM!

The familiar feeling of a bullet hitting my back except for this time I knew that this was a bullet he shot. A tear fell down my face. Had I gone weak? No, I was just tired. But how long would I use that excuse?

Few Years Before

"It's alright sweetheart, I will always love you. It's not your fault I had this coming." My mom spoke with a smile on her face but I could see the fear in her eyes. My eyes are blurry from the tears flowing down my face, after all, I am only 10.

"Hurry up already, if you do not kill her I will get into a lot of trouble," His raspy voice said. Gun in between my hands, finger on the trigger I swallowed. How could he do this to me? I knew he never loved me but this was too much.

"Don't worry about me. I will be fine." She softly encouraged me to pull the trigger. I was a natural with guns but only on targets, never on a person. To think, my own mom. The only person in the world that ever loved me. The gun was not the ordinary one that I was used to, it was a real one but had a red line going around the trigger.

"Ugh, the longer you take the harder it will become" He spoke with a loud voice. As he bent down to tie his shoes he whispered in my ear "He is watching, now is your time to finally receive his love."

His love was all I ever wanted. I did everything for him without a question but this was too much.

"I- I am sorry" I stuttered not waiting for a response, I pulled the trigger.

I broke down. This was the last thing I ever wanted to happen in my entire existence but there she was lifeless on the floor and here I was heartbroken.

"Good Job Alora," My father's cold voice stated through the phone. The first time I have ever heard him say that to me, he could not even say it to my face. Alora was the name my mother gave me which means "My Dream" she liked it because she had always wanted a daughter but I am sure she never wanted one like me. My father was against it but after my mother told him the meaning behind it. He thought he could make me into the dream heir to his kingdom. The kingdom of assassins. Although he did other things many people think of him as the head of the Mafia but I know better he just has hobbies.
________________________________
This is my first time writing so if you find any mistakes please tell me thank you so much!!!! Have a great day.