The hound

A young lady with light brown hair and sparkling blue eyes stood over a cot where a toddler with black ruffled hair and sun kissed skin slept, A loving smile was plastered on her face as she looked down at the young child. Sally leant over and pushed a black lock out of her sons face with a soft finger, planting a gentle kiss on his forehead. 

The room was dark apart from a nightlight on the bed stand table that was placed next to the crib, casting a dim light with a blue hue across the small room, the walls were painted a very light cream and the carpet was a shade of grey, next to the crib was a small circled rug matching the nightlights blue shade. the walls were decorated with an assortment of pictures of Sally herself and the toddler, decorative seashells were arranged around them. On the door was a sign written in a elegant font.

                                                 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂'𝓼 𝓻𝓸𝓸𝓶

Sally smiled one last time at Percy before making her way out of the small room and into the hallway, leaving the door open  a  crack, '' Goodnight darling '' she murmured softly before heading towards her own room.

She spent the next couple of hours on her laptop staring at the screen with narrowed eyes, resting her arms on the pillow on her lap. Sally's head was tilted as if she was thinking of something, then her eyes brightened and she began busily typing on the keys. suddenly a loud crashing could be heard from down the hallway followed with the cry of a small child.

Sally jumped to her feet letting the laptop fly of her lap and onto the floor, After a second another cry could be heard and She rushed over to her door flinging it open without hesitance and running with purpose to Percy's room, the door was wide open and saliva covered the edge of the doorframe, Sally let out a gasp of horror at the sight before her.

Looming over Percy's crib was the biggest dog she'd ever seen- no not dog Hellhound  a monster known for taking down children of the gods, her son was now stood up clinging onto the side of the crib opposite the monster, sea green eyes wide tears were running down his chubby face he let out another wail as the hellhound let out a threatening growl getting ready to bite Percy's neck.

Sally took a deep breathe bracing herself, '' Over here! '' she shouted causing the hound's black and red face to spin over in her direction, Saliva was dribbling down it's muzzle it's glowing eyes murderous. It crouched completely forgetting the child ready to tear it's claws into her flesh. 

Anything to save him. 

I love you Percy, I'm sorry  she tried to tell her son with her eyes, Percy let out another sniffling cry as if sensing what his mother was about to do. 

Right as the hellhound was about to leap on her she jumped to the side, But she was to late the hound grabbed her sinking it's massive fangs into her neck it's claws shredding her chest, Blood covered to floor around her and the hounds muzzle, Sally let out a choking sob before spots danced in her eyes and she fell limp, Lifeless , dead  

Percy let out a mixture of a scream and a cry, small hands clasping onto the side of his crib tighter, the walls rumbled and the whole building seemed to be shaking, The pipes were groaning threateningly and suddenly chaos broke loose.  In a panic the hound lunged at Percy just managing to rake it's claws over his face before being blasted into the wall by an exploded waterpipe. 

The toddler let out another cry covering his now bloodied face with his hands the red slowly leaking onto them  and down his clothes. The hellhound let out a whimper getting to it's paws unsteadily, Just as it was about to lunge again a portion of the roof collapsed on it, The creature let out a wail of dismay before vanishing from under the bricks in a puff of smoke. The waterpipes stopped blasting water and the shaking gradually stopped as well.

Leaving a crying toddler covered in blood, a collapsed roof, and a corpse.

AHHHHH first chapter done!, i know it's short and kind of Cliché but bare with me! I'm working on a good plot line, i have the ideas in my head I've just got to put them together- by them time anybody see's this the next chapter will probably be up,- so if you sort of enjoyed this go read the next chapter <3 CHARACTERS BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN.