❣Winter Wonderland❣

In which it starts snowing in the middle of winter while Sanemi and Giyuu are out for a walk together. Idea from LaylaTheShiper.
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Winter's in Japan we're always beautiful. Everything looked like a Winter Wonderland. Covered in snow and ice, and at the rare chance, maybe it'd start snowing. Giyuu, despite getting sick almost every winter, loved it. It was beautiful and calming. The air was refreshing and you could fall asleep almost instantly. That's how it is for some people at least.

Giyuu, despite loving winter, hated the cold temperatures. He was already cold on the daily and it dropping 15°F and becoming 50°F didn't help.

However, sometimes he could drag a distinct brute with him on snowy days like these just for a break from work and to admire the natural world.

Perhaps that would be the same case for today, or would something a little different occur at the end of their day off?
✴••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••✴

It's rare that Hashira ever get days off. While they do a few times a month, it doesn't even begin to add up to the number of missions they go on every month. Thus, days off are quite a blessing. While most Hashira go out to do their own thing with a friend or by themselves, there are two Hashira that usually don't go out during these breaks unless one of them asks the other first.

The Water Pillar and Wind Pillar were always two of the most stubborn people. Despite the Water Pillar always showing a calm demeanor, he's rather stubborn on certain subjects. The Wind Pillar, on the other hand, was naturally stubborn whether it be with people or even trying to get the motivation to do something.

The two males had only spent time together once deliberately. And that was when Giyuu invited Sanemi to take a walk around town in the snow with him. Giyuu hadn't asked since then since he thought that he was boring and thought that Sanemi found that day boring. However, it was quite the opposite.

Sanemi had enjoyed the small talk the two had on that day. Sanemi had also gotten Giyuu to ramble on for a bit about one of his favorite history books that he was reading. Sanemi had wanted to go out with him again and have another day like that, however, he was surprisingly way too nervous to ask in person and knew he'd get extremely embarrassed if he did so. So, he sent Giyuu a letter and had his crow deliver it to the Water Hashira.  Though, he added a surprise into the letter just before he sealed it.

It didn't take long for the letter to arrive at the Water Hashira's estate due to the aerial delivery. The crow dropped the letter above the Water Pillar and flew back to the Wind Estate. 

Tomioka picked up the letter, confused as to why Sanemi's crow would deliver a letter to him. He opened up the letter and was surprised with the contents it had. He took out the dragon pendant that was neatly packed in the envelope and took out the letter to see what it was about.

It was quite a shock to Giyuu already that Sanemi had sent him a gift in the envelope instead of just the letter. He appreciated the gesture nonetheless but it made him a bit skeptical. Sanemi hardly ever got anyone gifts and hardly ever received them. But, there is a time where he always gets gifts no matter what. And that was on the Hashira's birthday and Genya's birthday. He never gave them directly but he left them at their estates and even though he never left a letter, everyone knew it was from Sanemi.