Chapter 3- 退紅な花びら / アヤカ

The silver haired princess lets a hand lead her forward, as she timidly sets foot on the soft grass. The sunrise in the sky has covered it in beautiful golden and red hues, and Ayaka feels as if she is experiencing a dreamlike fantasy, as her feet propel her forward, to run underneath the beautiful yellow sky.

"I never knew you were so wild, Princess." Thoma chuckles. Ayaka blushes a deep red from embarrasment. She isn't used to conducting herself so improperly in front of others. What even came over her? Ughhh.

"You may call me Ayaka. I apologize for behaving in such an improper manner-" she begins to apologize, but the sound of Thoma's laughter cuts her off. She just can't understand him. What does he think is so funny?

"Ayaka, you don't need to apologize for running." Thoma's laughter ceases as he looks at her with a soft, gentle smile on his face. Ayaka has seen many smiles, but not a smile so brilliant and genuine as his. Thoma looks up at the sky. "Can't blame you for getting excited, you know, since its so beautiful out here." he smiles warmly at her again.

"Thank you for pardoning me. Now, if I may, could I sit down here for a while?" Ayaka asks. Thoma looks at her with wide and surprised emerald eyes.

"Why are you asking me for permission?" he questions. "Aren't you the princess?" Ayaka averts her eyes to the ground in embarrassment, blue orbs tracing the grass flowing in the wind.

"Well . . . my attendants almost always chided me for doing such redundant things, so I always deem it proper to ask, however, if you felt uncomfortable about that . . ." she replies, and Thoma, once again, is startled. He plops down on the ground and smiles at her.

"Well, then feel free to do so, Princess!" he says in a teasing tone. Ayaka doesn't seem to notice, however, and innocently sits down beside him.

"Would you mind if I sang a little?" Ayaka asks. Thoma waves a hand that indicates he doesn't mind and that she can go on and sing. Ayaka smiles gratefully at him. She isn't usually allowed to sing in front of others, especially at home.

"Flowing petals of pink,
Tracing back and forth,
The glazing wind,
The sunset sky,
A mass of gold and colour." Ayaka sings the song she remembers best. Her mother always sings it. Its a beautiful song, which she sings whenever she feels happy.

"The unfound creek,
Mysteries beyond,
What key are you in search of?
To heaven, or far beyond,
Let this heart guide you." Thoma continues. Ayaka is surprised at how well he sings, but continues to sing as he now sings along with her.

"O-ho, and to what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you two lovebirds singing so brazenly under this glorious sunrise?" a familiar voice sniggers behind them. A silver haired boy, just a few years older than Thoma, with a set of bluish purple eyes, reveals himself to them. Ayaka turns her head away in embarrassment as she recognizes her elder brother, Kamisato Ayato, grinning from ear to ear as he approaches them.

"A-apologies, Brother." she bows her head to him. Ayato is surprised by her action, then pats her affectionately on the head. Ayaka is startled by this show of affection, yet also happy.

"No need to be so formal with your elder brother." Ayato smiles. "As for you, Thoma, you're taking my little sister away from me faster than the winds cast by the Anemo Archon of Mondstadt." he chuckles. Thoma returns a small laugh.

"We're not that way, Brother!" Ayaka pouts. Ayato pats her head again, with a small 'I know, I know'. Ayaka sometimes doesn't get why Thoma and her brother find these things funny to talk about. She thinks of it as a rather inappropriate topic to discuss.

"Anyways, everyone else is waking up, so you'd best come back too, before someone notices you're missing." Ayato ruffles her hair one final time before walking away. Ayaka bows down gracefully to bid him farewell, then turns to Thoma.

"What if they find we're missing before we reach and then, and then, we're punished?" she shakes his arm, panic evident in her eyes. Thoma holds her wrists gently to stop her from shaking him any further and smiles at her reassuringly.

"If anyone tries to ground you, Princess, then I, Thoma the Raging Dragon, shall protect you!" he declares, pointing to himself in a way that is ridiculous and funny. Ayaka finds it hard to hold back from laughing, and finally, erupts into a wave of laughter, following which, Thoma laughs as well.

Pink petals fall and scatter around them, like a pale frame hanging over their moments that would one day become precious memories.

退紅な花びら- たいこうなはなびら- pink petals