Chapter 5- 水風船 / アヤカ

"What a wonderful mizu fuusen." Ayaka exclaims as Thoma lifts the water balloon from the bucket, and places it in Ayaka's hands. She admires the cold silky outer covering and shakes the mizu fuusen slowly to hear the noise of the water gushing in it. There are so many beautiful things in life, her mind declares.

"Its not as impressive as the ones we had in my hometown. They were wayy better, I tell you." Thoma's emerald eyes sparkle as he tells her all about his hometown. Pulling her hands into her lap, she listens to his tale with wonder and amusement. Thoma is such a wonderful friend to her, she exclaims in her mind.

"You must miss it, your umare kokyou." Ayaka says as she looks sympathetically at the emerald blonde. He shakes his head and holds her hands.

"I don't feel sad, because I have a wonderful lady like you with me." Thoma says as he grins mischievously at her. Ayaka feels her cheeks grow red and she pushes him away slightly as she feels her heart beat faster.

"W-wonderful l-lady?!" Ayaka stutters for the first time as she holds her head with both her hands and feels her limbs grow number and number. What is this feeling? she wonders. She has never felt so flustered before.

"Yes, süßes Mädchen." Thoma grins once again. A strange language that Ayaka has never heard before slips from his tongue and she gazes curiously at him. Knowing her question, Thoma proceeds to tell her that this is how you say 'lady' in German language, however it is a word only males use. Ayaka notes the word and its usage requirement mentally and notes to herself that she must not use this word if she ever gets past the Sakoku Decree to visit Mondstadt.

"Getting along well, hm?" Ayato snickers as he makes his presence known and sits down beside Ayaka, towering over her small stature. Thoma hurriedly pours him a cup of green tea, which he appreciates as Ayaka catches sight of the ring of the Kamisato estate's heir glistening upon his finger. Oh, how beautiful that ring is. She wishes she could wear it.

"There's a summer festival I caught wind of. You two should definitely go." Ayato declares as his eyes shine with a strange glimmer. Thoma's eyes sparkle at the thought. "And don't worry, I've taken Mother's permission for you to go." Ayato smiles. Ayaka's face lights up as she embraces her elder brother.

"Won't you come along, Brother?" she asks but Ayato shakes his head and pats her. Ayaka feels glum, but at least Thoma is coming with her. Her mind glows up at the thought.

水風船 - mizu fuusen - water balloon
生まれ故郷 - umare kokyou - land of birth
süßes Mädchen - cute girl