Chapter 21

'Coffee?'

'Finally!' Helena shot up and rushed towards Ivan, snatching one of the steaming mugs from him.

'Ivan, I love you so much for this, I could kiss you right now.'

He looked at her in confusion even as she walked back to her chair to huddle inside her cozy sweater. She blew over the mug and her breath formed a small cloud while her cheeks flushed.

'She has been waiting for you all morning. 'knew your coffee would be the only thing capable of warming her up.' Cynthia explained then grabbed another mug from him.

She too was shaking subtly and had layers of clothing draped over her body. She sat in her chair, gently put her coffee on the table then rubbed her hands together before picking it up and taking a long sip.

'There has never been a better time for your daily treat than today.' She acknowledged as she fell back on the backrest satisfactorily.

Ivan stared down at the remaining mug in his hand and rolled his eyes. He walked up to Cynthia's desk and took a seat next to Helena.

'You are all welcome.' He said nonchalantly and with a bate smirk. '—and Helena, thanks for your kiss offer, but I'll pass.'

'Don't be flattered, honey, the offer expired long ago.' She waved her hand in his face as though she had spent the night practicing English courtesy.

'You just made it now.' His lips curved down in a faint frown before his eyebrows creased in ridicule.

'I know. It had a five-second lifetime.' She quipped then went back to warming her hands around the mug. She was still as snappy as ever, so much for the purported gallantry.

'Did this weather just sneak up on us overnight? One minute it's Love Island the next it is Winterfell.' She added without addressing any of them in particular. Maybe she had binged on Game of Thrones, but really, there wasn't much reverence to pick up from anyone on that show, especially not by one as hard-nosed as Helena Cyrus.

'It isn't that bad, Helena.' Cynthia heaved, though, from her sitting posture, you could tell she had frozen feet. 'The rainy season has barely begun.'

Ivan raised his hand and touched Helena's cheeks to check if she was truly as cold as she made it seem. She recoiled and slapped his hands away.

'Why are your hands so cold?' She lifted her mug to her cheek and rolled the curvy surface over it.

'So dramatic!' He exclaimed then drew back his hand.

'Excuse me!' She sat up. 'I'm a delicate person who needs a lot of self-care. For that reason, Ivan, you are presenting the set-up to Madam Boss. I have included a red carpet, so try and sell it, would you?' she flicked a file in his face and accompanied it with a dry grin.

With a despondent sigh, he grabbed it and stood up.

'Whatever it takes to get away from you.' He remarked then ruffled her hair as he walked by.

'Would you believe him.' She asked Cynthia once he was out of earshot. 'Wanting a kiss from me, how ridiculous.' She mumbled and dug her hands into her locs to straighten them.

Cynthia stared at her, her face washed with disbelief and amusement. 'No, he didn't.' She differed between a chuckle.

'I know!' She rolled her eyes. 'Can't you just entertain my delusions for a moment?'

'Okay.'

~~~~~~~~~~

'Coffee o'clock.' Ivan announced once he was inside Miss William's office.