Wrong

Ann's POV

I removed a white shirt and a black coat out from my closet and kept them on my bed. I kept all the files regarding the case beside it. I just didn't wanted to wear a pair of trousers for a virtual meetup. I had a final check on the things before leaving the room. Eva was sitting on the couch with poodle beside her. I sat on the other side of Poodle. Eva looked at me and we exchanged a smile.

"Netflix!" We squeaked in unison and started laughing.

After browsing for quite some time we ended up on Brooklyn 99. I really needed some comedy and light headed stuff. Along with watching Brooklyn 99 we binge ate some caramel popcorn and candies and gummy bears. In no time the house was filled with laughter. It felt so good. But obviously the fun came to an end as it was time for the meeting. Ugh! I got up from the couch and went inside my room and changed into the formals. I didn't make any effort to change my shorts. It wasn't even necessary. I tied a high bun and applied dark red matte lipstick. Suddenly I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Yeah?"

"Hey it's me."

I kept my mascara down after applying it and answered the door. Eva smiled at my look as I opened the door and that smile was eventually turned into a chuckle as her eyes travelled down. I half smiled and just rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I'm goin out with Poodle. Will be back in an hour or two."

"Cool."

"By the way you look just...umm, perfect for a meeting." She winked.

"Oh thanks!" I smiled.

"Bye!"

"Bye!" I gently closed the door.

I got back on my bed and placed the laptop in front of me and browsed through my emails and opened the email having the meeting link. It was 2:15. I checked my presentation and made sure everything was proper. I switched on my laptop's camera and took a final look of my face. I went to the kitchen and got myself a bottle of cold water. It was 2:25. I quickly settled myself on the bed and clicked on the link and Sasha was already present in the meeting.

"Hey Ann! You're ready?" Sasha was all ready for the meeting.

"Hey! Yes, I guess so." I half smiled.

"Oh that's great! Well, I won't be here for the whole time. I'll wait till Mr. Rodrigues joins us and then I'll leave."

"Yeah. That's sounds cool."

"He'll be joining us in around five minutes."

"Ahh, that's fine." Fuck! Job is so difficult where you gotta be early and let the other one be late. Dang it!

"Hello there! Sincere apologies for keeping you lovely ladies waiting" Bruh!

"No problem Mr. Rodrigues. Well was there any inconvenience in joining the meeting?" Damn it Sasha's formal language.

"Oh no. There wasn't any so nothing to worry about." Then why the hell was he not on time.

"That's nice. Well, as you've arrived I shall take a leave. And Ms. Parks and you can continue from here. Thank you!" She smiled wide enough.

"Thank you!" Daniel and I said it in unison.

Sasha left the meeting and both of us widened our smile in form of a welcome.

"Sir, I have prepared a few slides which contains proper analysis of the case so shall we-"

"Yes, sure go ahead." Rodrigues cut me short.

"Alright then!" I shared my screen and presented the slides.

"Sir, as you can see I've summarized your case after a detailed study and these are the results." I cleared my throat.

"Well, yeah it's fine but I'd be out of any trouble right?"

"Have you lied about anything to me?"

"No, no I-I haven't." He obviously fumbled a little.

"Then I think there' s nothing to worry about."

"Oh thank god!" He sighed.

"Oh sir, let me inform you that you'll be called for a few tests and stuff. You will be informed about the details shortly." The meeting had concluded. Almost.

"What do you mean tests? What kind of tests are you talking about?" Panic was evident in his voice. Don't know why though.

"Nothing to stress about sir maybe finger prints, DNA, and few other." I couldn't remember the rest.

"Is that even necessary? Because I think I've giv-"

"It is necessary sir. Also I think you've been pretty honest so you don't worry!"

"Okay." He ran his thumb over his eyebrow.

"Alright then I think the meeting has officially come to an end and we can leave unless you have any doubts or queries or confessions from your end." I stopped sharing my screen and smiled as wide as I could. Though all of the smile was fake.

"Nothing as such but only those tests are they even necessary? Like you know, I mean you've got the docum-"

"Sir I think you're unnecessarily stressing yourself out. Everything will be fine. When you know you're right then I think you need to just calm yourself down." He's strange.

"Yeah I-gue-I think you're right. Thank you so much." He definitely is.

"Thank you si-" Before I could complete he just left the meeting room.

I just shut my laptop and drank some cold water and let out a heavy sigh.

Author's Note:3

Yayy! Finally resumed work and completed this chapter. I had received a few dm's on my Instagram handle. Thank you so much! I had last written in the month of August 2021. Pretty long back. Well I had to prepare for my examinations and had thus taken a break. Well during this break I started writing an anthology entitled, 'Swords & Feathers'. I feel so good now. Give it a read. Hope you guys and girls like it.

Coming to this chapter; isn't Daniel a little strange? Well let's see how does the tests thing goes and how will the main plot unravel. How will Ann find the truth about the case and client? Hope y'all liked the chapter. Don't forget to vote for the same.

À Bientôt;D