「PROLOUGE」

"There's a feeling that little to nobody talks about. A feeling we push deep down until it claws itself back up showing the worst parts about us as people."

After the events of what happened with MARI, HERO became severally depressed. Locking himself in his room for days on end trying to fill his mind with nonsense though the awful memories would always come back one way or another. KEL opens the door, brightening HERO'S room with the only light coming from the hall.

"We all try to deny that it's there."

"HERO, you alright?" KEL worryingly asks knowing the response he's gonna get, he waits but HERO says nothing. "MOM got food and she told me to bring it to you" KEL walks towards HERO'S night table and places the food "it's a HERO'S sandwich, your favourite!" KEL attempts to sound enthusiastic but it's so obvious he's faking, HERO still has no response.

"We all try to act like we're good people."

"HERO, I'm so sorry about what happened but you have to move on, I know that-"

"How can you say that?" HERO cuts off KEL.

"This isn't healthy."

"you didn't even care about her"

"HERO how can you say that I did, I loved her, she was one of my best friends"

"you moved on so quickly with all of your new friends, you don't care, you never did"

Kel became indigent. How could HERO accuse KEL of these things, just because he was upset didn't mean that he was just allowed to be hurtful towards him.

"what if MARI saw how you were now.." KEL mumbled

"I tried."

"DON'T YOU FUCKING SAY THAT" Hero shouted, rushing out of his bed to defend MARI.

"So hard."

"DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN GOING THROUGH EVER SINCE SHE DIED, ALL THE PAIN I FELT, ALL THE HELL THIS HAS BROUGHT UPON ME? HOW DARE YOU, HOW FUCKING DARE YOU SAY THAT AS YOU IGNORE EVERYONE YOU CARED ABOUT BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU DO. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU, YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED, YOU DESERVE TO FUCKING DIE.

"But at the end of the day, we are all rotten on the inside."

HERO snaps out of it, just realizing what he's said. He turns towards KEL and sees him crying, he starts crying and his parents rush towards him after they heard the shouting. They both comforted HERO, leaving KEL to just watch.

"Every single one of us."

"There is no true kindness inside of me anymore."

"It was killed."

"And I am the murderer."

3 DAYS LEFT...

"Aw shoot!" HERO thought as he got up to pick up his belongings that fell, As he continues to pack some time goes by and just as he finished packing he heard a knock at the door. he gets up and goes to open the door, Sliding the door open he looks at the person outside and freezes, "MARI?!" he freaked out and stood back

"HERO?" SOMETHING that looked like MARI asked,

"y- Uhm, yes?" HERO replied, He soon noticed his hands were shaking more and more.

"HERO, it's happening again.." a somewhat familiar voice reassured, HERO, shook his head and noticed that it wasn't MARI who was in front of him.

"ABBY?" HERO asked

"Horray you said my name! who is this MARI girl anyways?"

"UH Uhm... it's no one!"

"Is she as beautiful as me?"

"uhh"

"just kidding!" ABBY smiles.

"your hair is down"

"ya like it?"

"yeah, it was just a bit surprising since you usually have it in a side braid, I just kinda confused you for someone else" HERO Chuckled, ruffling his hair.

"Where are ya goin'?" ABBY asked as she looked at HERO'S luggage

"I'm going to my parents this summer, this semester is over tomorrow so I thought of packing early"

"oh, are you gonna see MARI?" ABBY smirked before looking back at HERO. He looked really upset over her comment"HERO..?"

"MARI'S dead.. she's been dead ever since we were kids"

"oh I'm so sorry to bring that up"

"It's fine! don't worry about it, happened almost 4 years ago, I'm way over it" HERO gave a nervous laugh.

"but are you..? I heard from other girls in our class that when you talk to them you periodically called them MARI" HERO just stayed silent.

"You know if you ever wanna talk about it, I'm here for you dude... I also lost someone who was close to me it's just the way life is"

"I'm fine ABBY, really"

"if you say so" ABBY sighs."wow this day has been depressing, how bout you and I go and get some bubble tea I know a perfect place!" ABBY suggested

"Sure! sounds fun" HERO replied.

They both walked to the place, got some bubble tea, and hung out, it was a really fun evening and after getting bubble tea they went to an arcade for a bit before walking back to their dorms.

"so I'm just staying with my brother in England cause our parents are gone for the whole summer!"

"Wow that sounds really cool," HERO said before yawning.

"well looks like we're at my dorm, cya HERO!" ABBY said enthusiastically.

HERO waves, waiting for ABBY to close the door, when she does HERO makes his way to his dorm. As HERO continued his walk down the hallway to his dorm, all he could hear were crickets in the distance and the echoes of his footsteps in this cold, calm night, continuing his walk he sees the stairs that lead up to his dorm. Walking up the stairs he hears something that doesn't sound right, his heart starts to beat faster and the higher he got the louder it was. It almost sounded like a broken violin.

When he reaches the top the sound is louder and louder until it sounds as if it was right next to him. HERO quickly turns around and what he's met by makes him freeze in horror. There was a strange, black entity just floating, its one eye pierced right at HERO and he felt all the painful memories rush back at him.

The memories.. they were of MARI, just by the thought of her he felt a sharp pain in his stomach, all HERO wanted to do was to run, to shout, to do anything to get away from this terrible thing. but all he could do was stand and stare at this vile entity. Eventually, in what felt like hours to HERO, this strange thing disappeared. HERO was finally able to move and he SPRINTED to his dorm. as he slams the door closed and lays and cried over what just happened.

All he thought about was MARI until he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore