A prologue - Misfit's Rise

War.

The most evil and corrupt concept anyone has ever created.

In the most ancient of times, the Four Races went at war. A vicious four way standoff between Gods, Demons, Humans and Spirits. Hero Kanon bravely lead the humans in battle against hordes and hordes of Demons.

The Demon King of Tyranny, Anos Voldigoad, was tired of all this 'senseless fighting'. So he and the Great Spirit Reno invited the Hero to the Demon King's castle.

"Kanon, as the only person I truly consider my equal, please grant this selfish request of mine. This war will never end as soon as I live, and the races will be forever separated for the sake of peace. Kill me, Hero Kanon."

Kanon sighed, before unsheating his sword and placing the tip right on Anos' chest. "You know, Anos Voldigoad. In another life, I would like us to be friends."

As the Hero thrusts the sword in the Demon King's heart, Anos smiled, feeling the blade snapping his spine and coming out of his back.

"Heh. Me too."

Since then, the four races – humans and demons in particular – have been separated by gigantic walls originated thanks to Anos' sacrifice. Two thousand years later, in a facility next to the Hero Academy – a school for gifted humans named after the Hero – two interesting teenagers awakened their powers.

Those two were, Tsubasa Nanase and Kiyotaka Ayanokoji. The goal of the White Room had always been creating 'perfect humans' for the ultimate destruction of all demons – and it had been so ever since the leader Professor Ayanokoji awakened his true self as Jerga, Hero Kanon's commander, mentor and traitor.

Imagine his shock to see two 'perfect specimens' at the same time. One, the Holy Mother, from Jerga's root itself, capable of creating clones from her very being – and the other...

His own son. The reincarnation of the Demon King, Anos Voldigoad. The Professor, succumbing to Jerga's hatred for Demons, tried time and time again to kill his son, sending waves and waves of clones Nanase created. He failed time and time again and, in the end, one day the White Room woke up and Kiyotaka wasn't there.

Kiyotaka POV

Lately, Father doesn't seem like himself. Before, he didn't even look at me and now, eyes full of hatred is all I receive.

Ever since that voice started talking to me in my head, and I started using strange magic. I used to observe the other students around me, especially the 'perfect specimen', Tsubasa.

When she used <Asla> and <Asc>, I used <Gyze>.

When she used <Theo Trias>, I used <Grega> and almost killed her.

I stood amazed at the power I possessed, and I was glad to be of some used to the Academy. Everything changed from that point, and not for the better.

"Disgusting demon! You'll be the stepping stone for our Holy Mother to rise!" The headmaster, Diego, told me in a rage.

I also noticed that when they started calling me 'demon' they started calling Tsubasa 'Eleonore Bianca', but I don't know why. One night, after a day passed defending himself from all the clones Tsubasa created with the intention of killing me, the voice talked to me again.

Uhm. Interesting. To think you'd be able to use my magic without self-destructing.

Who are you? You still haven't told me your name. Are you the reason why everyone here hates me?

You, Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, are a mixed-blood demon. And I am Anos Voldigoad, the Demon King of Tyranny. Nice to meet you, my vessel.

Arisu POV