Adora

I smiled at Catra. She's so cute. "You're right. It could be gayer," I thought about it for a minute. Then it hit me—pride wall. I'd need to get permission first, but that wouldn't be too hard since Glimmer's mom owned the school. "I have an idea. I'll be right back," I said as I ran off.

I knocked on Angela's door. "Come in," She called.

I walked in.

"Oh, hello, Adora. How is everything going with your roommate?" She asked.

My face went red. "Good, but that's not why I'm in here. I have an idea for a thing, but I'd need permission to do it," I trailed off.

"Well, I can't give you permission if you don't tell me what you're planning." Angela looked skeptical.

"I just want to paint a wall in the dorm," I said.

"To what exactly?"

"Uh, pride wall?" I said sheepishly.

"Oh, is that all?" She smiled. "Yes, that's fine."

"Thank you!" I grinned. I couldn't help it.

Back at my dorm, Catra was sitting on the couch with a book. "Whatcha reading?" I asked.

She didn't say a word, just lifted the cover so I could see, One Of Us Is Lying.

"Cool. Wanna come to the store with me?" I asked. Catra looked up from her book, God she's beautiful.

"Sure, why not." She jumped up and put her book on the coffee table. "Let me grab a jacket first," Catra said, and she went back to her room.

Catra came back wearing a black leather jacket and had a set of keys in her hand. "You gonna keep staring, or are we gonna go?"

Catra followed me out to my car. We hopped in, and I turned on the radio.
"So, what are you scheming?" Catra asked me.

"Well, I said the dorm could be gayer. I meant it. Right now, we're getting some supplies."

Catra looked at me like she was just catching on. "I see. Can we get some practical stuff while we're there too, like dishes and food?" She smirked.

"Well, yeah, obviously." I started driving. "Mind if I invite my friends, they're gonna need to get stuff too."
"You mean Sparkles and Crop top? Sure. They seem fun." Catra said, looking out the window.

"It's Bow and Glimmer," I told her.
"I know."

I rolled my eyes and drove to the store, and towed Catra inside behind me. I grabbed a basket a went to go look for the paint while Catra got the dishes. While I was looking for the right colors, I pulled out my phone and called Glimmer. "Hey, Glim. Do you remember that girl from the cafe yesterday?"

"Yeah, why? OMG, IS SHE YOUR ROOMMATE!"Glimmer's voice cackled through the phone.

"Yes, that's not the point. We're at the store right now. Get your butt down here, and bring Bow with you."

I shoved my phone away as I finally found the right colors for the pride wall. Catra and I met back up by the register with the paint and dishes. Madame Razz, the lady at the checkout, looked at us. "What a cute couple," She smiled.

"Razz, we're not a couple," I said as my face went red. I looked over at Catra to see her blushing too.

"Oh, Adora dearie," Razz trailed off, causing me to shake my head. This is one way for Catra to meet my adoptive mother.

"Catra, this is Madame Razz, my adoptive mom," I looked for any expression in my new friend's face, but for a minute, there was nothing. Then she smiled. It was the cutest smile I've ever seen.