001. masks

"mitsuya-kun, are you done?" you asked the club president, a boy your age with lilac colored hair and a single cross piercing on his ear

"hmm. almost," he answered nonchalantly, eyes still focused on the sewing machine.

you sat on the chair idly, not moving as you watched the way he work with his fabric. he was making a top which he designed himself.

you smiled as you recalled all those late evenings spent with him after school hours, watching as he sketch and come up with new design ideas and would babble about them to you.

you enjoyed his company. like, a lot. you loved to sew ever since you were a child, and meeting someone with similar interest as you, who was just as passionate, you could say you were lucky.

"and done." he smiled, taking the beige fabric off the sewing machine and he stood up, walking over to one of the vacant mannequins and putting it on them.

your eyes sparkled. the result was even prettier than what he had sketched. mitsuya was truly amazing, it was as if he's gifted.

"what do you think?" mitsuya grinned, turning to stare at you.

you nodded your head profusely.

"it's... it's amazing, really." you said.

"it looks even better than what you had sketched. you're always so awesome, mitsuya-kun." you praised, a wide grin on your face.

"i'm glad you liked it, y/n. now let's go. it's getting late," he took his belongings and swing his bag over his shoulder.

you both walked out of the club room. you listened intently to his rambles about sewing, fabrics, and designs as well as colors and tones.

you admired him. you've always find him cool and talented, and you envied him a little.

he was a fashion genius when it comes to designing, which, you had to admit, result to your undying crush for him.

you've liked him for a while now, ever since you joined the home economics club. and you knew he liked you as well.

but none of you ever came to terms with your feelings, even though you've both known each other for a year now.

so you both just hid behind the mask called friends, despite the way he would look out for you and go out of his way to talk to you in school besides during club activities.

"well, i guess i'll see you tomorrow then." he remarked, and you nodded.

"bye bye, mitsuya-kun." you said before he bid his goodbye and made his way over to his bike.

will i ever be brave enough to tell him...