005. confession

mitsuya was speeding up on the highway

mitsuya was speeding up on the highway. you were terrified, the wind was so cold and the city lights seemed like a blur due to the speed he was going at. you hugged him tighter, burying the side of your face deeper into his back.

he smirked. his grip on the bike handle tightened and he made a left turn, the tyres making a loud screeching sound due to the friction against the road.

you kept your eyes shut. you were almost expecting to fall off the bike but you didn't.

in no time, the bike was back up straight and mitsuya was riding it steadily.

he rode up to a hilltop, passed the river under the bridge and finally turned off his motor engine by pulling out his key.

"we're here," he cheered in a singsong manner.

you let out a deep breath. the sky was already dark, the moon and the stars were already present. you took a glance at the time on your watch.

6:15 pm.

hmm, i guess it gets dark faster today. you thought.

mitsuya stepped off of his bike and stood in front of you. you removed the helmet and noticed mitsuya held out his hand.

without much thought, you held onto it and stepped off the bike. it took him by surprise since he was expecting you to placed the helmet in his hand.

he chuckled.

"what?" you asked, your heart still beating fast from the ride earlier.

"my hand was for the helmet, but you took it instead." he teased.

you felt embarrassed and your body heat up. why did you have to act so conceited? you didn't even need help getting off the bike in the first place.

you were about to utter an apology but mitsuya beat you to it.

"sorry, i'm just really happy you held my hand." he laughed, and you swore that you were as red as a tomato.

he approached you and fixed your hair, giving your head a pat after.

"come here," he motioned and you followed.

you walked next to mitsuya, stealing glances at him every chance you get. after a few minutes you guys arrived at the end of a hill. he stopped walking and sat himself down, legs dangling off the cliff.

"i come here all the time, especially to clear my mind. it's like my comfort place." he spoke as you settled down, sitting next to him. he laid down on the ground with his arms resting behind his head.

"yeah, i can see why. the stars are really bright tonight." you said, eyes looking up at the sky while mitsuya stared at you, a faint smile on his lips.

"hey, back there, were you scared?" he suddenly sat up, his face a few inches from yours.

you were taken aback, you felt your heart beat quickened. you nodded.

"i was scared,"

he chuckled. "well then," he sighed and looked away.

"i'll take you out on more rides so you can get used to it."

you didn't know what to say, and you suddenly felt his hand on top of yours.

"hey. you know, i think i'm in love with you." he blurted out, his eyes boring into yours as his thumb caressed your hand softly.

"what..?" you questioned.

"i'm in love with you." he repeated, this time with more determination.

"do you feel the same way about me..?"