new years eve

-New Years Eve-
-12-

LUKE'S POV

I wake up and feel something new and honestly, something I could get used to.

Julie sleeping on my bare chest, the sounds of her breaths and the way her eyes flutter a little. She's so perfect.

Last night was... wow.

I can't speak for anyone other than myself but it's just all so new and interesting. I'm not a virgin but I know she is... or was.

Sure, we did it all for that paper but she's still my wife. Still the love of my life.

"What are you doing?" She mumbles, her pace slowed and words laces in sleep.

"You're cute when you sleep" I breathe out, arm around her waist with a small smile. She lets out a small whine of a nod, her eyes still closed.

I kiss her forehead and let out a large breath. "Where do your parents think you are?" I ask softly, rubbing her back.

"Flynn's. Supposed to be there till noon, then my mom needs to talk to me about tonight" She mumbles, cuddling further into my chest.

"Oh you're so cute" I smile, twirling my fingers in her hair. "So freaking cute"

"I seriously can't believe I just got married. I'm fifteen years old I mean- This is seriously wild" She exclaims, seeming to start waking up.

Our lips connect softly, a smile on both our lips. I hug her in my arms and she squeals with a little happiness. "One more round couldn't hurt before I have to go" She mumbles, rolling ontop of me.

"Mrs. Patterson! You little minx, my lord" I widen my eyes as she leans down and kisses me yet again.

JULIE'S POV

My mother knocks on my door hours later. Once I call her in, she has a huge dry cleaners bag in hand. "Happy New Years Eve baby!" She squeals in an uncharacteristic tone.

My eyes widen as she places the bag down on my bed. "What's this?" I force a laugh.

"Your dress! For the ball tonight!"

I laugh and laugh and laugh. "You're joking right? Usually we just have a dumb party... is there seriously a ball? Ugh" I scoff, laying back.

My mother give me an unimpressed glare. "You're coming because we have a surprise for you that I think you'll enjoy very much" She beams.

"Fine, only to get this over with. What does the dress look like?" I mumble, pointing to the bag.

She accepts my 'fine' with a hearty smile, grabbing the bag and unzipping it to reveal a fancy gown.