Chapter 2

I'd asked Kim to come to my office after work. I was going to to something either very brave or very stupid.

"Hey, Dunc." I heard her said and spun around in my chair to face her. I stood up so quickly that I almost fell over. She giggled slightly.
"Watch it there, Duncan. You don't wanna wreck that face of yours."

I went red and stammered over my next few words.
"Kim...I was wondering..." I paused for a bit and she looked curious.

"Wondering what?"

"If you'd like to go to dinner...on me?" I said and waited anxiously for an answer.

"Yeah sounds great! I'm starving." She responded with a smile, I don't think she quite understood my meaning of what kind of dinner it was.

"Okay. I'll get my bag." I said and grabbed up my side bag and we walked out of the office.

It wasn't a grand restaurant but it was pretty nice. I could see Kim's face get more and more suspicious. It got even more so when I offered to walk her home. But she accepted none the less.

"Duncan" she asked when she stood on her doorstep and I was one step below. It was like a scene from a film
"Duncan was this a date?"

"W-what gave you t-that impression?" Dwindled out of my mouth and I shuffled my feet.

"Duncan" she started but I interrupted her by kissing her.

We stood there for a few moments, just kissing. She started to wrap her arms around my neck but stopped abruptly and pulled away and shook her head.

"I'm...I'm with Paul. I'm sorry Duncan." She said and rushed into her house. Leaving me stood on the step, crushed.

It started to rain once I started to walk home.
"Thanks for the symbolism." I muttered under my breath.