15

Hyunjin POV

I walk Bora into her daycare. She pouts and looks up at me. I pick her up and kiss her cheek.

"You gonna be good?" I ask her.

"No." She shakes her head. "I think I have to stay home."

I smile. "You stay here for just a little bit, and Baba will come get you later."

She nods. "Okay."

"Hello, I'm a substitute today." A woman holds her hand out to me.

"Uh, where's her teacher?"

"He came down with a cold. Who's this?"

Bora shakes her head. "I want Mr. Yang." She pouts.

I sigh. "You get to pick dinner if you stay, okay?"

She shakes her head again. "Daddy, no." She whimpers.

"You like it here. Look, there's some toys you like."

I bring her into the classroom. I put her down and she clings to my pants. I pet her hair.

"Babydoll, you've gotta stay."

"No!" She cries.

"I'm sorry, Hon." I sit on the floor with her. "Sometimes, you have to do things you don't wanna. Being here is one of those things." I say.

She hugs me tightly. "Daddy, she's looking at me weird."

"Bora, be nice. Just for today. Tomorrow is Saturday. You get to stay home on Saturday."

"No! No!" She cries.

I sigh. I feel a ping of guilt, but I ignore it and get up. She has to be here. I sign her in and kiss her head.

"Baba will get you in a little bit." I pet her hair.

She sobs and holds onto my pants leg. This feels different than the other times. I pick her up and sign her back out. She puts her face in my neck.

"We'll try again Monday." I say to the sub.

She nods. I take her back to the car and buckle her in her seat belt. She's so dramatic. I kiss her forehead. I drive us home and carry her inside. She quiets down, seeing the house. I bring her inside and find Jisung feeding Juwon some baby food.

"Hey, Babe." He smiles at me.

I smile and sit with Bora on my lap. Jisung smiles at her.

"Hey, Squirt." He says.

"Hi, Baba."

"What happened? Don't you have school?"

"She was having a really hard time. There was a substitute. She was, like, having a worse time than usual." I answer while petting her hair.

"Where's Mr. Yang?"

"Sick. We'll try again Monday, I guess." I sigh.

Jisung picks up Bora and pulls her close. He kisses her forehead. I sigh. I sit next to the sweet pair and sigh.

Jisung's head rests on my shoulder and he sighs while curling up with Bora. I sigh. His hair is soft and it smells like soap.

Maybe Monday, we'll be alone.