5

Hyunjin POV

"Oh, come on. Did you see the way she looked at me? There's no way I'm forcing her to go there." Jisung says, his hand over his heart.

"She's supposed to be in daycare. It was supposed to be our day." I huff at him.

"Well, yeah, we can easily get a babysitter for when we need our alone days. But she really hated being there."

"She just has to give it time. You can't pull her out after a day of being there."

"Babe, literally. She told me she wants to be home. I'm not gonna make her go." He rolls his eyes while folding a towel.

"And why not? You can't just bend over backwards for everyone."

"We're the only ones in the world who are allowed to baby her. Tell me why you won't. Huh? Why won't you listen to your daughter?"

"Why won't you listen to the law?"

"We didn't listen to the law when we got married. I didn't say keep her out of school. I said try homeschooling her."

"Oh, my god. Is it that hard to just make her do something?"

"What is your problem? She said she didn't wanna be there because she was getting made fun of. I asked if she wanted to do it from home. She said yes. Why is it such a big deal to you?"

"Because maybe I want her in real school."

"Homeschooling is real schooling."

"Hey, shut up. I-"

"No, you shut the fuck up. I don't wanna hear you make a fucking excuse because you don't wanna see her."

"Don't say I don't wanna see her!" I raise my voice. "I love her with my whole heart, but we can't even do homeschooling. We both have work." I huff at him.

"Guess what? I hate my job! I wanna quit so fucking bad! I swear, all you think about is money and work. What about her? Your kid? You know, the one you have legal custody of? You could lose your job, but you can't just lose a kid. Unless, maybe, you wanna kill her too."

I gasp quietly, pausing for a minute. "Fuck you for that." I feel my eyes get teary.

I leave our room and go to the hall bathroom so I don't have to see him again. I sniffle and break down fast.

Images of the crash flood my vision and my body convulses as I sob. He really said that. I sniffle and watch as pitiful tears roll down my face. I miss him so much.

Jisung's words echo in my mind, stabbing my heart repeatedly. I cover my mouth so I'm not too loud. I crouch down, unable to stand anymore.

He didn't mean that, right? No, he did. He really still blames me for that.

Emotions of anger and sadness beat me relentlessly. To the point where I can't feel it anymore. I lay flat on my back, looking up at the ceiling. I sniffle, closing my eyes.

After losing track of time, the door opens to Jisung. I look at him tiredly. He sighs and helps me stand up. I avoid eye contact with him and leave the bathroom. He grabs my hand.

"Babe-"

"Leave me alone." I wipe my face.

I go to our room and lay in bed. He follows me anyways.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

"Sure." I roll up I'm the covers and press my face in the pillows.

"Please, just listen."

I cover my ears. He sighs and leaves the room. I close my eyes again, exhaust eating away at me.