THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEENthe party

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
the party.

The grand banquet commenced smoothly after the ceremony. Loki and Pandora were ushered to the back gardens of the palace- an area she had yet to visit. It was beautiful, not as much as Frigga's garden, but very close. The large staircase from the castles back doors lead down to a grassy area, surrounded and gated in by perfectly trimmed shrubbery and exotic flowers that she had never seen before, her magic twitching in her veins. There were large, beautiful weeping willows that overshadowed the humongous gardens that seemed as if it went on forever, perfectly maintained. There were tables with white cloths thrown over them and golden seats, with candles, flowers and large servings of food presented on them.

The guests had all been seated, family and friends only, while the rest of Asgard and Mount Olympus carried on their celebrations outside of the castle and into the streets, celebrating their new Princess and Prince. The atmosphere was marvellous, she knew Asgardians were known for their exquisite and over the top parties, she had attended them, but this was more grand than anything she had ever seen before.

There was a single table that sat on the top of the marble staircase that lead down to the gardens, reserved for the royal family. The gigantic white 10 tier wedding cake sat prettily on a golden mantle at the end of the table. Pandora and Loki were seated on the middle two seats, with Loki's family on his side and Pandora's on hers. The presence of these people reminded Pandora of her and Loki's very first meeting, when she had sat beside him. That fateful day. If she could take it back she would, but there was no time for despair. She had people to appease. Odin sat at one end of the table, with Hephaestus on the other- seeming to be challenging each other in a stare down.

As Pandora had began to dig her cutlery into her grand celebratory feast, Frigga whom sat opposite Loki leaned over. She clasped her hand over her daughter-in-law's, warm an inviting.

"What a handsome couple you make." She smiled generously, "I couldn't have picked a better match."

"I suspect they will have quite beautiful children." Odin chimed, sipping out of a golden goblet, eyeing Pandora harshly through his single eye.

"How preposterous! They may be frost giants!" An irritated Hephaestus commented, also looking at his daughter crossly from the opposite end of the table.

"Hephaestus!" Athena scolded her husband, gaping at him in horror.

"I beg your pardon?" Frigga raised her voice, her hand squeezing Pandora's. "There is nothing wrong with frost giants. Loki can cast an Asgardian skin over them, anyhow. Like Odin did to him."

The Queen's words silenced the table briefly. Pandora saw Loki take a large gulp of wine from beside her.

"If you plan to bore him children at all, that is. Your mortal life will only span so long, the clock will be ticking." Hephaestus laughed wickedly, waving his arm up as if to dismiss the thought. She wanted to curse at her father, to order venomous beats to fight him. He was the one who made her mortal. He created her. Pandora clenched a fist of her dress in her lap tightly trying to restrict herself from speaking out of turn.