Vansh and Vanya

Vanya was sitting on the countertop in the kitchen swinging her legs in the air looking at her father making a chocolate cake for her.

"Dadda you are really making it for me?" Vanya asked and chuckled.

"Actually for both of us... Those two boring people don't like chocolate cake." Vansh said and Vanya nodded in yes.

"Dad... Can I ask something?" Vanya said and Vansh hummed.

"Can I see how I looked when I was a baby? Or when I was small?" Vanya looked at him and he smiled.

"I have kept all the footages, I think this day had to come." Vansh said wiping his hands with a cloth.

"We will watch it having the cake. Mumma and Bhai are already asleep." Vanya said and looked att he floor, slowly slipping ahead trying to jump.

"Vanu don't... Let me help" Vansh picked her and carefully made her stand on the floor.

"What did the doctor say?" Vanya asked seeing this new thing.

"Come, the cake is ready" Vansh and Vanya headed to the living room.

Switching on the TV, Vansh inserted the pendrive, and sat next to Vanya, covering her witha duvet. Vanya hold his arm by both her hands and keeps her head on his shoulder. Vansh starts the video.

(The video is in Italics and normal words are present)

Little Vanya was sitting on the bed jumping with her hands in the air trying to dance on the drum beats Ritwik played.

Vanya chuckled and looked at Vansh who was smiling seeing the video.

"Mumma!!! Blooo" Little Vanya was pulling Vansh's by his pants trying to pull him to Riddhima and Ritwik who were busy playing with each other ignoring Vanya.

"Vanya ..(laughing) don't....let me take you... " Vansh picked up Vanya in his arms and switched the camera to both of them. Vansh kissed Vanya on her cheeks and she pulled him by his beard to kiss him back.

"Bau (vanu) lob Dadda!" Vanya clapped her hands in order to attract Riddhima and Ritwik to make them jealous.

"Vanu Dadda loves me too!!" Ritwik ran to Vansh and Riddhima laughed. She also came to Vansh and hugged him.

"Ohk... I love mumma the most. She is the reason of your existence." Vansh said and laughed as Riddhima was hitting him. All looked towards the camera and smiled.

A happy tear escaped Vansh's eyes as he chuckled, and saw Vanya who was asleep smiling. He kissed her forehead and both slept in the living room only.

It was 3 am, Riddhima came out in the search of Vansh. She saw Vansh and Vanya sleeping on the sofa, and smiled. She heard footsteps and turned back to see Ritwik descending the stairs with a scared face.

"Mumma Vanu is....not in the room" He saw his mother smiling and looked at the sofa to see the father-daughter duo sleeping peacefully.

( I wanted to add a picture, I searched in Google but only found baby girls. And Vanu is not a baby. Not good Google 🙂)

Vansh's sleep broke listening to talks of Riddhima and Ritwik who were on the sofa infront of them.

"What are you both doing here?" Vansh whispered and they both stopped giggling.

"I am making you jealous. Inka pata nhi."  Ritwik said teasing Vansh.

"I thought you gre up but you are still the same. Such a tease." Vansh said chuckling.