Inseperable

Virat could hardly stay still as he was finally meeting Mahi Bhai after so long. He wouldn't have left the minutes to be calculated only if he was good at maths but he wasn't—so he satisfied himself by calculating days and hours.

When they came out for toss, the toss was delayed due to a sandstorm and Virat was more than happy. He got few more minutes before they turn into rivals!

Virat randomly threw an arm around Mahi Bhai and keeping his hold firm enough to not let Mahi Bhai move even an inch.

"I missed you so much, Bhai!" Virat said excitedly, almost trying to strangle Mahi while clinging to him. 'You're the best! And I've so much to tell you. And—"

Virat looked up suddenly realising there are cameras around. They are on national television! Virat looked at all the cameras focussed on them, shrugged to himself and went to the same position again.

How does it matter anyway when he has Mahi Bhai?!

"—I'm so happy and I—" Virat continued.

Virat went on telling him about how close they were to prank Jaddu but last minute Rohit ditched him by falling asleep. And it looked like a real serious discussion between two captains. Of course!

Virat had clearly refused to leave Mahi Bhai as even when the cameraman literally hovered around them, all Virat did was to tighten his grip on Mahi's shoulder as if Mahi Bhai will get snatched away if he loses the grip.

"Cheeku, I'll not run away, you know?" Mahi said, smiling at Virat's actions

"I'll not let you. But no one gets to even talk to you today when I'm around." Virat smiled broadly.

"You aren't refering to your own teammates, right" Mahi chuckled.

"You know what happened that day, Bhai, it was Ro and—" Virat shrugged away and went on.

"They are calling for toss." Mahi interrupted Virat making Virat sulk.

"I don't want to go. Can't they wait for another hour at least?" Virat said, not removing his arm and apparently sulking harder than before.

"Of course!" Mahi said drily.

Virat removed his arm reluctantly but as soon as Mahi took a single step, Virat had again threw himself at Mahi Bhai without a single word.

"I don't want you to go, Bhai!" Virat whispered to Mahi Bhai

"I'm right here with you, kiddo!" Mahi whispered back.

Virat didn't need any reassurance after that!
------------------------------------

Virat and Dev batted amazingly, both scoring half centuries and giving a perfect start to RCB but ended up losing to CSK.

Virat hadn't come out of dugout after the game.

Mahi had been surrounded by other players as soon as the match was over so he didn't get a chance to go to Virat himself.

"Yeah, that was the turning point and—" Mahi was saying to one of the boys.

Mahi stopped as Virat suddenly came and hugged him from back, almost lifting him up.

"Cheeku!" Mahi was taken aback for a moment.

Virat hugged Mahi Bhai from behind, holding his waist.

Well, there was some special cases where Virat breached the rule of maintaining professionalism on camera. Mostly with the one who taught him that rule!