Little gestures make it special!

As soon as Virat heard that Mahi Bhai is leaving for India, he set off his legs towards Mahi Bhai's room as fast as he could. Already not being in a very great mood after losing the ODI series against Australia, he felt really pissed off knowing that Mahi Bhai will be leaving the very next day.

Mahi Bhai didn't even inform him!
How could he?!

Virat entered Mahi's room opening the door and found him packing his stuffs with all things messed up around him.

Mahi turned his attention towards Virat and smiled at him. "Cheeku.. Acha hua tu aa gya.."

"You're leaving, Bhai?" Virat asked directly cutting off him already giving him a 'Please-don't-go' look which didn't go unnoticed by Mahi Bhai.

"You know I have to leave, Cheeku." Mahi replied calmly.

"But why, Bhai?" Virat asked.

"ODI series is over, Cheeku. I need to leave now. You guys have to play the Test series, kiddo." Mahi tried to explain.

"But why tomorrow only, Bhai? You can't play the series but you can still stay here, right? Please don't go." Virat said in a pleading tone.

"I can't, Cheeku. I need to leave, Bacha." Mahi spoke.

"You can stay for another few days atleast. We still have a week for test series to start. Please stay, Bhai." Virat spoke.

"I have to leave, Cheeku. There is no point for me to stay here now." Mahi reasoned.

"So you are saying there is no point in staying with us if you are not playing?" Virat snapped.

Mahi looked at him and he knew Virat was upset. "It's not like that, Kiddo. You.. " 

"No, it's like that only! And if it's not then you will not go tomorrow." Virat said exasperated.

"Cheeku, I'm leaving tomorrow and it's final." Mahi said with finality in his voice which compelled Virat to stay silent. "And you are not arguing with me over this anymore." He added sternly.

"But, Bhai.. " Virat tried meekly.

"Stop behaving like a kid, Virat. You need to understand that this is how it's going to be from now on. We can't make it work according to us everytime. I'm saying again you will not be arguing over this again." Mahi scolded.

Virat just looked away and mumbled something like "I won't talk to you." Mahi signed and walked to him.

He has managed to get the most stubborn kids in the list of his brothers!

"Cheeku, listen to me.. " Mahi said putting an arm around Virat but Virat slid off his arm and left the room in anger without listening to Mahi Bhai.

"Cheeku... " Mahi tried to stop Virat but he didn't listen. He shook his head looking at the retreating figure of Virat.

What else could he do?

Could be a little softer may be!

Mahi immediately regretted talking to Virat like that as he remembered Virat's hurt face. Though he smiled at how childish Virat could be at times.

For him, too, it was difficult to let it go but it was Mahi's unwritten rule to let go off something completely and not look back at it. They had completed their ODI series in Australia and now they had a test series there. It was their first test series after Mahi had retired so now, he had to leave for India.

He knew Virat was just getting a little worked up because this was their first test series after Mahi had retired from the tests. Virat had still not been able to come in terms with Mahi's abrupt retirement from tests completely. It was more than a hundred times Mahi had assured Virat that he will still be there for him no matter physically or not.