Chapter 16

~small time skip~

"Guys this is crazy! We can't just wait around!" Mike explained "Mike in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." Lucas said. I nodded "Yeah and we don't even know where your sister is" Dustin added.

"El could find her." Mike suggested. I shook my head  "Mike, she's drained. If she uses her powers again it could hurt her. We need to stick to Hopper's plan." I said and Lucas nodded "Exactly. We need to stay out of sight and keep El safe. Besides Nancy's okay, she's with Jonathan." Lucas said. "Yeah and she's kinda badass now so..." Dustin trailed off.

Dustin started to walk out of the gym "Where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike shouted "I am! I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding! I'm telling you, the lunch lady hoarders that shit!" Dustin shouted back.

"Are you serious?" Mike shouted as he stared to run after Dustin "El needs to recharge!" Dustin explained as Lucas followed the two.

"Are you ok?" I asked El. She turned to me and gave me a small nod "What chocolate pudding?" She asked. "Oh it's umm...it's this chocolate dessert thing. It kinda looks like goo...? But it tastes pretty good." I tried to explain but cringed on how it sounds. "Don't worry, after all of this you won't have to keep on eating leftovers. Mike's mom is a great cook, as well as my mom. And we won't have to keep you a secret anymore, we could give you your own room, and maybe even go to the Snowball together." I said. El furrowed her eyebrows "Snowball?" She questioned "Yeah, it's this dance at my school. You could bring a partner and dance with them." I explained.

"Like..friends?" She asked "I mean- you could. But usually people go with people you like, I mean like... more than friends." I tried to explain. "Do you understand..?" I asked expecting her to say no and she'll ask again but instead she nodded. "I understand." She said "Oh..well ok. If you can go to the Snowball with us I can teach you how to dance." I smiled. She nodded and opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by the boys running into the gym. "They found us." Mike panicked.

A/n: Sorry for the short chapter :/

[Edited]

Word count: 408