Is it just a fever? Part 1

Luca didn't seem to be getting better, he seemed to be getting worse by each day. Each day he grew weaker, and each day his skin paled and his amber eyes lost their life. Massimo told Alberto "We're taking him to the hospital. We need to find out what's going on. Because I know this is not just a fever." Guilia agreed along with a slightly reluctant Alberto and that morning they drove Alberto's new car to the closest hospital in town. While travelling, Alberto turned to Guilia in the car and said "Thanks for being so understanding about this all Guilia, it's nice to know someone cares." Guilia smiled gently "Of course, we underdogs stick together right?." Alberto grinned "Yeah!."

The three arrived at the hospital and Alberto carried Luca on his back, the boy shivering and moaning in attempt to run. Massimo, Alberto and Guilia lined up in the patient check in line. The line was fairly long and Alberto soon have sudden flashback from a few weeks ago.

"I don't need a Vespa or loads of money, Alberto, because I have you, and that's better than all those things combined." Alberto blushed "Oh Luca, I'm deeply flattered. How could I ask for a better friend than you?." They both laughed as they layed under the stars. Luca was smiling, he was happy, he seemed perfectly fine. Alberto never could have expected that to change so drastically."

"Alberto?." Alberto turned to face his short friend. "Yeah?." Luca paused before asking "If you liked someone, what would be the best way to tell them that...you know you felt that way?." Alberto smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I mean if it were me, than I would just approach them and just say the truth, speak my heart." Luca nodded and said "Thanks Alberto, you always know everything." Alberto laughed "Oh Luca, I'm not that smart."

But one particular memory stuck with him.

Luca and Alberto were peacefully sitting under the stars, watching the world darken, and the stars to glisten. Alberto noticed something strange, Luca seemed awfully quiet. Alberto placed a hand on his arm and was about to speak when Luca flinched back and said "Don't touch me!." Alberto gasped softly and Luca realized what he said tried to apologize. How could Alberto have missed all the signs?. The depression, the flinching, the way he moved around. He had missed it all.

A young woman with short blonde hair and sky-blue eyes ushered them into another private waiting room. Their were few rows of chairs and a small table at the front of the room. She pulled out her clipboard and then looked sadly at the group. She said "I have bad news about your son....."

Part 2 coming very soon...