✨Chapter 6✨

Hero's POV- 13 years old

Jamie Foley is 1 month and it's nearly my birthday, I'm nearly a teenager. I can't wait to spend my day with my mum, Justin and Jamie. Oh if you want to know where Emile is, he is at his dads and I'm not going to my dads as we still have that big argument because the vase I broke was Margaret's mums. I can't believe my dad was drunk to have me and cheat on "Margaret."

I'm seeing Emile after school tomorrow when I pick him up, I want to take him out after school with Jo as we are doing a late birthday do. I was suggesting going to a dessert parlour or a picnic with take away it's up to my girl and brother.

I go downstairs and see that my girl is with my family with a big cake. Man I'm happy but there is one person missing which is Emile. "Happy birthday to my big baby boy!" "Thank you mum and stop being soppy in front of Jo" "Happy birthday baby and it's ok for your mum to be soppy it's cute." She squeezes my cheeks and I'm glad to have jo in my life. "Oh mum could I have £30 for tomorrow, I'm surprising Jo and Emile tomorrow after school plus the remaining will just be for my piggy bank" Mum was ok with me taking them out tomorrow.

A few hours later, the phone rings and I go to answer it. It's from the hospital! "Mum Emile was in his dads car on his own and a car hit the side he was in and he doesn't have bad injuries like a broken bone but he's sprained his arms and got bruises, WE NEED TO HURRY UP AND GET THERE!!!" I'm scared this is my little brother in hospital for his dads purposes.

We arrived to the hospital and Liam was telling mum that it wasn't his fault but clearly it was as he left him in the car. "LIAM GET OUT OF THIS ROOM YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE HERE AFTER WHAT YOU JUST CAUSED!!" I know mum is in pain seeing her son lying in a hospital bed unconscious. "Liam please listen to mum I don't like seeing her like this" He finally left the room.

Jo came with her parents and she hugged me from behind. I don't care if my birthday is ruined I want to know if my brother is ok.

The doctors arrive and said he doesn't have brain damage but if he did he would of never remembered who I am.

Emile's POV- 10 years old

I feel weird and I'm in so much pain and I see that I'm on a hospital bed. I only see Hero in the room crying. "Hero" my voice sounds so groggy. "Hang on Emile one minute" he leaves the room and I don't know why he just did that.

I realise it's mum and dad Foley coming into the room with Jo wrapping her arms around Hero. "Do you remember what happened?" Mum questioned. "I remember dad wanted me to go in the car so he could go and get something for Emily but he left me in the car then I saw a car coming towards the side I was sitting in and I saw black and where is dad?" I want to know where my dad is. "Mum wanted to get rid of him as all this is his fault" Hero moves closer to me.

It's been two hours and I clocked that it's Hero's birthday but he's not in the room it's just dad Foley. "Dad could you please get a cake from the cake shop saying happy birthday Hero from Emile please" I want to show my version of Hero's present from me. "Sure I'll do that emz" I smiled.

Hero just walked in and said "I had a surprise for you tomorrow after school but now your dad put you into hospital" "Hero you could still do your surprise when you come back from school" I want to know what he had in mind. "I'm not going school tomorrow and I'm not moving, I'm staying here" omg Hero has to go to school. "Go school tomorrow and do the surprise here" Mum walks in with Jamie. Awww I love having another sibling.

Dad Foley walked in with a cake and luckily Hero went toilet. Jo helped me do the candles. Hero walks in and I say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST BROTHER IN THE WORLD!!" "You didn't have to do this" I nodded my head. "I wanted to as you are thirteen and you are the best brother ever." I cried saying that. "And Jo please take Hero to school tomorrow"

The next day I got discharged from the hospital and Hero has a surprise for me. We went to the park and he brought my favourite take away food. "Hey FT!" I heard a familiar sound but I can't clock as I had my back to them. "Hey Felix" Jo and Hero both said. "Heroooooo!" I saw his dad coming towards us.

Hero's POV

Why is my dad here? Is he following me? "Dad why are you here?" After the argument we had I'm probably the last person he wants to talk too and he's here. "Your mum Margaret wants you home" "MY MUM SHES NOT MY MUM, MY MUM IS JESSICA ANNE JOHNSON SOON TO BE FOLEY NOT SOME WOMEN AFTER YOUR MONEY" I can't believe what I just said.

"Hero let's go" Jo said as she goes and kisses me. I hold Emile's and Jo's hand and Felix is next to Emile. "Hero dads suck" they sure do especially the past two months with me arguing with my dad and recently with Emile's dad being involved with Emile's accident.

Every since we walked away that day I haven't seen him since which has made me happy.

Make the star orange 🧡