Part 19: Full of Surprises

After about 2 hours I figured I should get going. I stood up and brushed the sand off myself. I grabbed my phone and headed in the direction of my house. While I was at the beach I came to the conclusion that I was never ever going to forgive my dad for lying to my mom and I. I promised myself this. No matter how hard he tried to get my forgiveness I would always remember what he did. I would never forget.

I reached my doorstep and heard voices and a little giggle. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I peeked through the window. Omg. My dad and sister are just chillin' in my living room with my mom. What do I do? I don't want to see or talk to him right now. I had to prepare myself. I took a deep breath and decided to call Austin for advice.

"Hey babe...look..I'm really busy. Could I call you back later?" He questioned. If it were any other time I would say yes but I needed to talk now.

"Austin I really need to talk." I replied my voice cracking. Why was I getting so emotional about this? "Please."

"Are you......hold on. Let me tell my mom I need to take a break quick." I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me. I listened to the faint voices on the other side of the line. "...but she sounds hurt. MOM I will be done in like 20 minutes tops....but she needs me. I don't care I'm talking to her." I heard shuffling and then a door close. I just kept quiet sitting on my porch steps with my knees up to my chest. "Alright I am back." I didn't reply because I was trying to get control of my sobs. "Gabby, talk to me."

I took a deep breath. "I don't know what to do. Remember how I told you my mom saw my dad? Yeah well now he and Isabella are here. She's my long lost little sister. They are just sitting in my living room and I'm outside on my porch staring at your house wishing you were here to help me. I don't think I am ready to face him, but I don't know where to go or what to do. Help." I took a breath and sighed, trying not to cry again.

"Hmmm. Well why don't you think you're ready to talk to him? I mean he is your dad."

"I know but I never met him before, well I mean I have but I don't remember. I am extremely pissed off at him. I don't want to go in there and have it be all awkward because I am not under any circumstances talking to him and making friends."

"I understand where you are coming from. I really do. This is what I think you should do. Walk into your hosue with your head held up high. He's in your house. If you want to, you can acknowledge his presence or you can completely just blow him off, but I think you honestly should try to at least have a little relationship. I mean I know what's it like to live without a dad. I would give anything to have him. This situation, however, is completely in your hands."

"Thank you, Austin. You helped a lot. I love you."

"I love you too. Don't forget I am going to Skype you tonight."

"I won't, byeeeeee."

"See ya gorgeous. Good Luck"

I smiled at the gorgeous part and hung up the phone. I took a deep breath and opened my door. As I walked in all eyes were on me. I just kept  my head down hoping they wouldn't say anything. Unfortunately it didn't work.

"Gabby?" My mom called.

"Uhm yeah?" I sighed avoiding eye contact with everyone and looking down at my floor. Making it seem like I was so interested in the carpet pattern.

"I managed to get a hold of your dad and he said that Isabella can spend the night. She also is aloud to hang out with you all day tomorrow."