come get your government assigned father please

AJ
Trudging the streets of Musutafu is not and has never been my, or Serena's, idea of fun. But it's not like we have much of a choice.

"AJ, I'm hungry!" Serena whined.

I scoffed, "Oh shut up. Imagine how hungry I am! I have to eat for both of us."

A delicious aroma came from a food cart nearby, and I walked over to it, trying to see what they were selling.

I was about to order, when I heard a screech. No one even flinched, but I turned towards the sound, and saw a large monstrous villain cornering a little girl.

"Oh look," the monster growled, "a nice little girl to snack on!"

The little girl whimpered.

"AJ! What do we do?" Serena asked me.

I sighed, "You know, we deserve a hero license for this bullshit."

I sprinted at the monster and jumped in the air, pushing the monster backwards.

I picked up the little girl and sprinted away.

I wish I could figure out how to get my damn wings reappear, but I just had to pray my feet could move fast enough that we wouldn't be caught by that villain.

I sprinted into an alleyway and heard footsteps behind me.

I cradled the little girl in my arms and she looked up at me.

"Are you a guardian angel?"

I looked down at her, and held her close.

"Yeah......yeah I am."

She buried her face in my chest and I stared down a man with yellow goggles dressed in all black except for his white scarf.

"Hey, it's alright. Hand over the little girl."

"No. You won't get her. No way."

He sighed, and lifted up his goggles.

"I'm a hero. I'm not going to hurt you. I'll get you and the little girl to safety."

"No! Back off! I don't trust you."

"Listen, you need a safe place to live."

"No! If I tell my parents that you are trying to-"

"I've been watching you for two years. You don't have parents. Please, come with me."

He held out his hand and the girl turned and looked at him, and reached out for him.

I set her down and she ran to him, hugging his leg. She then turned and reached a hand out to me.

"Angel, please. You have to come with us."

I slowly walked over to the two of them and the hero quickly grabbed my hand.

Serena started to dig my feet into the ground as the hero tried to pull me.

"Really? I thought you said you'd come with me?"

I shrugged, "It's not me. It's the other girl."

The hero just nodded like what I said made sense.

He swiftly picked me up.

"Well, hopefully we can get you in a high school to help you learn how to take care of that."

"School? No way."

"Well it's school or jail."

"Jail sounds fun."

"Gotcha. Jail is just my codeword for school."

"That's not fair!"

"Yeah. I know."

I rested my head on his chest and inhaled the scent of coffee and cologne, and slowly I was lulled to sleep.