How the Fire began

"Help! Help!" Penelope yelled. 

Lola tried escaping the lab using the same paperclip trick Bugs taught her a while back to unlock the door.

Maurice and Bugs went to the hallway. "It's Sylvester's phone." Bugs said nonchalantly and he placed the phone in his backpack.

"Help! Help!" Penelope screamed again. 

"Penelope I'm here. Stand Back." Bugs said as he tried to kick the door open.

"No. No Need, Don't destroy the property, I've got the key. Maurice told Bugs and he saved one of Bugs' friends.

"What took you so long?!" Penelope complained. She looked at the burned-faced man. 

"Is he...?" She asked Bugs.

Bugs reassured her. "Yes. He's the janitor." he said pointing to Maurice.

The three of them went to save Lola next. When Maurice unlocked the door, Lola was somewhat petrified.

"Before you freak out. He's not a ghost, He's the janitor and he's still alive." Penelope told Lola.

Bugs explained to Lola about Maurice. "This is Mr. Maurice, He's been hiding here to prove that he didn't start the fire. said Bugs.

"Actually Mr. Maurice. I think I know how the fire started." Penelope said to Maurice as she showed him the exercise book in her hand.

(Flashback of the Students)

"For some reason during that time, the students were having a Science class in the Home Economics classroom."

"At first. They did some kind of dough it contains Sugar. But then, they carried on the Science lesson. "

"They did an experiment with oxygen. They used potassium chloride for that experiment. I found the symbols on the board. The Potassium chloride must have fallen on the table that was covered with sugar." - Penelope's Voice

(End of Flashback of the Students)

Lola and Mr. Maurice were outside the classroom listening to Penelope's explanation

"Sugar and Potassium Chloride will lead to a big "Kaboom" (Explosion)." Penelope explained.

 (Penelope's Flashback)

"When I opened the exercise book, some potassium chloride leftover fell onto the table." - Penelope's Voice

(End of Penelope's Flashback)

"Hey! I saw a notice." Bugs exclaimed.

(Bugs' Flashback)

At the campus, Bugs explored the outside of the classroom and he saw a notice that read: Science Class 12:30 p.m. at Home Economics Classroom 19th July

"The Science Class took place in the Home Economics Classroom. The 12:30 P.M. 19th July right?" Bugs asked Maurice 

(End of Bugs' Flashback)

"Yes! I remember that day very vividly. " Maurice exclaimed as he remembered the day of the accident.

"The principal was complaining that the Science Lab was very dirty and the Inspector was coming." he elaborated, "I was busy cleaning the Science Lab, I had no time to clean the Home Economics classroom."

(Maurice's Flashback)

"I placed the bin in the classroom and I told the students to clean up after themselves." Maurice added.

"That explains it then. It was the reaction of the potassium and the sugar in the bin that caused the fire." Penelope said adding up Maurice's account of the story.

(End of Maurice's Flashback)

Lola was confused, "But I don't get it. Why'd you lock me in?" Lola questioned Maurice.

"I didn't!" Maurice protested. 

"Then who did? I heard someone walking past with the keys." Lola asked. "I heard it too." Penelope added.

Maurice turned to the girls. "Not me. I was keeping an eye on this young man here." said Maurice pointing his finger at Bugs.

"That right. I found Sylvester's phone, it was in the hall." Bugs said as he showed his friends the missing phone, Lola inspected Sylvester's phone. 

"What is Sylvester doing in the hall?" Penelope asked Bugs. Bugs shrugged as he didn't know why. 

"He must have tried to call me. I messaged him the map." Lola then shook her head. 

"No. He didn't. He accidentally pressed the recording function instead. Lola said as she opened the recording in an app.

When Lola pressed the audio button, she heard a sniffling and coughing sound.

"That sounds familiar. The cough and sniffles." Lola said. 

"Sounds like the Surveyor!" Lola exclaimed. 

"Why is he trying to scare us?" Penelope questioned.

"More importantly. Where's Sylvester? We must find him." Lola told Penelope.

"Who else has the keys to..." Penelope asked but when she looked around, Maurice was gone.

"Where is he?!" asked a worried Penelope. 

Lola turned around and the three of them were worried once more.