Accident

Tasha Montegomery to the stage

Okay Tasha. You can do this. I step on the stage and the lights are blinding, but I'm used to it.

I scan the stage floor with my eyes and see a red ribbon. Shit. Please don't slip, please don't slip, oh I hope they move it, and of course they don't.

The music starts. Waltz and a waltz and a tondu prepare. Fouette, fouette, double piroutte land. And I'm off once again. Going through the choreography carefully but gracefully.

Here comes the turn section. Piqué, piqué, piqué.............

The crowd gasps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SOMEONE HELP ME!!! I CANT FEEL MY LEGS!!!! PLEASE HELP ME. HANNAH!!" I'm crying. I can't feel anything. It's not even a numbness. It's a nothingness. Hannah comes running on stage along with the paramedics.

I lay there, still. Crying. Right when I hit the ground, a shooting went down my spine to my legs, and they immediately went dead. Looking at my legs, I know what I've done, but I don't want to believe it.

"Your okay. Your okay. It's going to be okay. Just calm down," says Hannah. She's crying. Oh man if she's crying,

"Hannah I can't move. Nothing is okay. Stop telling me that!"

She just stares at my legs like there not there. Sympathy. I see it in her eyes.

The paramedics put me on a stretcher and ask Hannah for my information. They ask me questions. Can you feel this? How about that? GOD DAMNIT NO. I CANT FEEL ANYTHING CANT YOU REALIZE? But the truth is, I wasn't yelling at them. I was yelling at myself. I don't want to believe this.

"Get me off of this! I'm fine! I was just shock okay? Can you all just back off?"

And they do. I try. Moving only me upper body, my head down to my torso, and push my self off the stretcher, only to fall hard on the stage floor.

"Okaay lets get you to the hospital," says a paramedic.

Crying, I pray. Pray to my sister. Pray to God. Praying for my legs. Praying. For everything. But I already know what's been done. My legs.........there gone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey! Okay, so this is really short but yet again, I don't want to spend much time on this part. I'm really excited for what I'm writing next and I hope you are too. This is my first book so I hope you all like it! Big updates Friday, but sometimes weekdays.

-Ry