🌞Chapter 28🌻

🌞🌻

As they left the train station, they joined a huge crowd. Probably because it was Saturday, there were tourists left and right. Gulf, who was walking beside Mew, had a look of surprise on his face. After they walked for a little bit, they could see the big lantern of the Kaminarimon Gate, the symbol of Asakusa.

"Wow..." Gulf saif quietly, with his eyes shining. When they had left the condo, they had tried to decide where to go, but Gulf couldn't think of anything, so Mew had decided to take him sightseeing in Asakusa.

If they went there, they'd see lots of tourist attractions that Gulf probably had only heard of. So then he could tell people he had been to them.

After passing through the Kaminarimon Gate, the road leading to the temple stretched about 380 meters until the Houzoumon Gate. Famous shops lined the road of the shrine, selling rice cookies, ningyouyaki cakes and various souvenirs.

As they window-shopped, groups of tourists milled around them. There were a lot of foreigners around, and Gulf realized once again that these were the kinds of tourists that came to Tokyo.

"It's been a long time since I've been to Asakusa. The last time I came here, I was still a child," Mew said, as they walked up the criwded park to a shrine. Gulf, who seemed to have cheered up, nodded.

Mew was relieved to see him smile. He had been worried that Gulf had been feeling down because of Art.

They went inside an accessory shop, and Gulf bought a boxwood comb and leather wallet. "Since I'm here, I think I'd like to buy some souvenirs to send to my parents. I haven't bought them anything since I started my new job."

"Did your parens say anthing when you told them you were going to aqwork here?"

"I think they were worried about me going so far away at first, but in the end, I think they were okay with it. It's my life, so hey told me I could do what I wanted "

"Your parents sound great."

"They are. I'm really thankful."

There aren't many people who could easily say they were thankful for their parents nowadays, Mew thought kindly as Gulf clutched the souvenirs to his chest as if they were very precious to him.

After they passed through the Houzoumon Gate, they entered the compound of Kannon, the goddess of mercy. They entered a spacious area, and they both looked up at the vast blue sky. There was the constant smell of incense, so now that they were out in the open, they were flooded with a sense of openness.

Mew and Gulf both paid their respects in the inner building of the temple. After that, they wandered around aimlessly for a while.

Luckily, the weather was great. Gulf began feeling a little warm, so he took off his jacket and threw it over his arm.

"So, how is Asakusa?" Mew asked.

"I'm glad we came. I guess if you come to Tokyo, you definitely have to visit Asakusa."

"Didn't you come here on any field trips?"

"No. In junior high, we went to Kansai. I thought maybe we'd go during high school, but we ended up going overseas. Nowadays, there are lots of people who take family vacations to Disneyland, so I guess it's not popular to visit Tokyo anymore."

"Overseas, huh? I did a home stay in Australia during high school." They had a great time chatting about their various field trips. Their hometowns were completely different, so the different local field trips they had were really interesting.

"Well, I'm starving," Mew suddenly said.

"Yeah, it's past lunchtime," Gulf said, glancing at his watch. They had decided to eat brunch earlier, but they hadn't had a proper meal yet. Unfortunately, all the restaurants in Asakusa were packed.

"Let's ride the ferry to Odaiba. The food's really great there," Mew said as they bought small packages of ningyouyaki cakes at a shop off the temple path. Gulf's eyes widened as if he had never heard the word before.

"A ferry?" Gulf looked so confused that Mew laughed.

"Yeah, you know, a boat."

They left the shop and returned to the Kaminarimon Gate. As they walked a little more, they saw the Azuma Bridge and the ferry depot station. There was a crowd of tourists waiting for the boat's departure, and it seemed that there was a standard 'Asakusa to Odaiba' tour.

TBC