Chapter 8

1 hour and 35 minutes before incident
_________________________________
Lauren's POV
I decided to leave Maya for later. After all I had gotten Josh. Plus seeing her in pain, gave me a certain satisfaction. I walked down the halls finding other students hiding. I left them alone, the only people I wanted to go after we're the Matthews family and everyone close to them. I walked by a few more students until one of them lunged at me. I shot him in the stomach. He yelped in pain.
"What's your name?" I demanded
"Brandon" he managed to get out
"My brother's name is brandon." I say
He looks at me hoping for mercy.
"I hate my brother."
And just like that I shot him in the head.
The others the we're in his group began to cry and looked at me with fear. I stared them in the eye for a minute. Then I let them be. Just like that. I made my way over to the office. Through the window I see the police through the door. I hear the phone ring. I know it's the police trying to negotiate but I answer it anyway.
"Yes?" I sing like a bird. Before they can speak I say "No one goes in, and no one goes out. If I see even one cop come in I will kill every living in this building. Toodles."
I then hang up.
________________________
1 hour before incident
_________________________
Riley's POV
It all happened so fast, I just followed the pack of students that were running out the door. Until before I even knew it I was alone. All alone. I wanted to find my dad but when I returned to his classroom. No one was there. So here I am in the janitorial closet, trying to think of a plan.
I then hear footsteps. I look out the door and see a girl about my parents age. Holding a gun.
I quickly put my head down and cover my mouth, praying she won't look over here. She slowly walked by. It felt like an eternity. When she passed I let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding in. I realized I couldn't hide anymore I looked at my surroundings and quickly ran out of the closet. Now to find Maya.