Chapter 7: I Love You

A week had passed by since Wocky's mom was in the hospital. He was with me the days following, giving me kisses and cuddling up to me. I loved it so much, he's soft. I was glad he was becoming more and more comfortable with me after only a week of dating. It was currently early in the morning, and the doctors came in.

"Heya Kapi! We are going to need you to get the stray wolf off of the bed." 

"Oh? Alright. Hey Wocky, you need to wake up!" I shook him lightly and he whined.

"But I don't want to…" He groaned. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Oh, the docs are here. Need me off the bed?"

"Yes please!" Wocky got off the bed and sat on the bench so he could wake up. He looked terrible but somehow still cute in the mornings, definitely not an early bird kind of person.

"Ok, so we have your mental health report. Before the wolf came by, you had some early signs of depression. They are being soothed though and it was improving because of… Rocky… did I say that right?"

"It's Wocky sir." I giggled. "Well, glad that's improving!"

"We came by to do one last checkup, no blood draw today. And make sure your stitches are good and send you home today." 

"T-today? Really?" I got excited, my own tail wagged. Wocky noticed and giggled a bit to himself.

"Yes, today. Lemme just get your blood pressure real quick, and you’ll be all set." He grabbed the device and strapped it to my arm. He squeezed the ball at the end, and it didn't hurt at all. Just was very tight against my arm, and then he was done.

"Good, it's at a normal rate. Turn around." I turned to my side. The doctor moved my gown to the side to see my stitches.

"Hmm, they seem a little irritated, but otherwise, look good! They're scabbing up, which means the holes are closing." He put the gown down and wrote on his clipboard.

"I'll be back with discharge papers, do I need to call a parent?"

"N-no sir, I'm 18!" 

"Oh, sorry! I'll give them to you then!" He left the room, leaving me and Wocky alone for a minute.

The wolf was just as excited to leave as I was. "Yay! You can meet my weird family!" He chuckled a lot, and got his stuff packed away. He really only had a few clothes and blankets.

The doc came back in with a decent stack of papers. "Don't be scared of its size, it's just information about your stay. Sign on the front page here!" He pointed at the line at the bottom and gave me the pen. I signed my name neatly, returning the pen.

"Good! Hopefully I won't need to see you later, but if I do, I'll be your doctor again! Leave as soon as possible, we have other patients waiting for rooms." He left, and Wocky was getting ready.

"Alright!" I said, getting up slowly. My mom had brought me a pair of clothes to wear, and some new shoes. It was a simple pair of jeans and a black shirt.

"I hope my mom bought me a belt. Also, do you mind if I change here? I have underwear on."

"N-no! I don't…" Wocky blushed as he finished stuffing clothes into his bag. I went ahead and took the gown off and left it on the bench.

"You have a nice butt!" The white wolf teased.

"H-hey! Don't look!" I teased back, putting on my clothes and shoes. They had white bottoms, gray tips, and blue tags like the one you pull to make your shoe tighter.

"Ooh, these fit nicely!" I said, tying them together. We cleaned up the room as much as we could and left.

"I bet it must feel good not to have to wear that gown and leave huh?" Wocky said, holding his paw against my back softly.