Find her First

New York after dark, crime infested, rat infested, it's no place for a child to live. The bright lights and the busy streets don't allow much of hiding, and trying to locate one girl in the midst of one of the most populated cities in the United States was proving to be a task that was too great for two people, but had to be accomplished. Defeated, exhausted, I was in the last sector of the Bronx, looking for this little girl who must be scared for her life in such a busy location. The Odinson Mob was a thought that was dangling in the air, just praying that we would find the girl before he did. "I've looked through every alleyway, I can't find her." Nico sighed as we walked down the street, huddled close to avoid being separated. Neon lights illuminated us as we walked down to the bridge where transients lived, and I just hoped she found shelter under here for the night.

My head was on a constant swivel as I scaled down the side of the bridge, looking up at Nico as he nodded that he would stand watch, my fingers gripping the cool metal of the ladder as I dropped the last 5 feet to the ground of the overpass. I was scanning each camp as I walked past, finally seeing a young girl sitting alone in the corner, cowering from me. "Arabella?" I asked gently, slowly making my towards her before she raised her hands forward. "Stop please, don't hurt me." Arabella begged as I stopped walking, standing just feet in front of her. "I'm not here to hurt you." I spoke softly, looking at the fire she had started to stay warm. "Your father took my parents from me." She cried as I dropped my head down, nodding towards the fire. "Can I sit please? Let me explain why I'm here." I asked her, watching as she stopped cowering, taking notice of how I wasn't trying to hurt her. "Yeah."

I was careful to keep my distance, sitting on the opposite side of the fire while she grabbed some food from her bag, starting to eat slowly. "You're in danger Arabella." I explained as she nodded around her area. "Yeah, I know. I have been since I became orphaned." She replied sarcastically, a sigh leaving my lips. "No, like you're in a lot of danger, a new mafia has come in, they're planning on taking kids and bringing them into the world to run drugs." I told her, her motions freezing as she looked at me, slowly lowering her bag of chips in her lap. "Why are you here then?" She asked, looking around while I grabbed the file from my back pocket, nodding towards her. "Can I show you?" I asked, holding up the file as she nodded, patting the spot next to her. I slowly moved around the fire, sitting on the sleeping bag next to her, seeing her look up at me. "You're not scary, you give off a vibe my mom did." She smiled, while I returned her smiled. "I've changed. I've got two of my own now." I replied as she looking down at the file, my fingers moving through the pages.

When we got to the end of the file, I looked over at her, Arabella's face had drained of color as she looked up at me. "He's coming for me?" She asked, while I nodded. "And she led me right to you, I believe you have something that belongs to me." Thor's voice boomed from the shadow's behind us as I quickly scrambled up, pulling Arabella behind me. "You really need a better guard Addi, boy toy up there is shit." Thor spoke as he looked at the file in my right hand, my left hand placed on Arabella's arm behind me, shielding her with my body. "This is wrong Thor, you know that." I stated, holding the file up as he raised his gun. "You give me the file, and the girl, and you live." He spoke, while I turned my head to look at her, a small smile on my lips to show I was here to protect her, watching her return the smile as she tucked herself behind me completely. "This file?" I asked, raising the file up, a smirk on my lips as Thor lowered his gun. "You know it's wrong to steal." He replied, taking a step towards me as the two of us stepped back.

The fire was to my right, warming up the side of my body as the file was hovering over it. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, as Arabella squeezed my hand tightly, locking her fingers with mine. "You know it's wrong to force kids into the mafia? It breaks all the codes." I spoke, feeling the irritation flow off the man. "Give me what's mine." He stated as I looked to my right, letting go of the file watching the papers burn, before quickly leaning down grabbing my gun from my boot. I used my thumb to pull the safety down, raising it at Thor and pulling the trigger to buy us some time. I watched the bullet leave the gun, hitting Thor in the stomach with a yell leaving his lips. "Run!" I yelled as Arabella and I took off, running towards the entrance of the bridge. "Nico!" I screamed as he appeared over the side, reaching down for Arabella's arm, pulling her up before he pulled me up as well. "Gotta go!" Arabella said, grabbing both of our hands, running through the streets.

I pulled my keys out of my pocket, tossing them towards Nico as I saw Loki and Bruce stalking towards us. "Get in." I rushed, opening up the back door allowing Arabella into the backseat of the BMW, slamming the door and climbing into the passenger seat. As soon as we were all in, Nico shoved the car into drive, pressing the gas pedal all the way to the floorboard and taking off, tires screeching and the smell of burnt rubber surrounding our senses. The only goal was to get out of the city as fast as possible.

Loki finally found Thor clutching his stomach as he approached the two me. "They got away sir." Bruce spoke, holding Thor up as Loki slung the massive man's arm around his shoulders to take some of his weight, the blood stained shirt being apparent of what happened. "No fucking shit you two." Thor groaned, walking with them towards his black SUV. "Did you get the file?" Loki asked as Thor shook his head. "She burned it, then shot me before I could process anything." Thor explained while both Bruce and Loki nodded slowly. "So what does that mean?" Bruce questioned, looking at his boss for an explanation. "Hit her where it hurts. We're going after the girl." Thor explained while Loki cocked his head to the side. "The one who just ran off with her?"

"No, her daughter."