Chapter 8: Typical Day

Elsa's P.O.V.

The next day I woke up, it brings me a hint of bliss. I can remember the time when I was strong especially the day that I've played with my sister, but here comes the time that I became bedridden so I wouldn't be able to do all the tasks I'm supposed to do. I bet Anna deserves the position. Everything on earth is temporary and meaningless, but you can tell whether your life is it or not. I can tell that my life had somewhat no meaning, but Jack became my meaning of life.

Someone knocked on the door. I asked that person to open the door for me. As the door opened, it was Anna preparing my breakfast in bed. I smiled, then she gave me the tray filled with the food I'm supposed to eat. Anna just sat beside me and gave me a smile. In fact, I smiled in return. Everything, I guess, everything turned out right again. We restored the relationship that we treasured before, though there would be great changes that would be happening between us. I remembered the curse that Grand Pabbie told me. I would die at the deepest chimes of the bells.

Forget it.

Knocks on my door started to sound up, so I asked Anna to open them for me. All my visitors gave me the gifts I wanted to treasure before I die.

"Your Majesty!" one greeted in astonishment. "Are you alright?"

"As always, Madame," I replied, then took the gift that the person gave me. I opened the wrapper then I saw a framed snowflake art. How amazing is it. I like something that's related to ice.

We talked for long and long. It was so special.

*fast forward*

A knock suddenly came again. For sure, it's Jack, I thought, so I weakly reached for the window and opened it. It was just as I thought.

Just like awhile ago, we talked and talked about the same old things.

*fast forward*

The sky was so dark and I couldn't sleep. It's really hard especially if you ask yourself, What if today's your last day? You would all stay awake, right? A knock on my window returned but I didn't notice it. I just closed my eyes and assumed it was Jack who entered the room.

"Jack," I called him like a child, "I can't sleep."

Jack's P.O.V.

Poor Elsa, she couldn't sleep. I just slept by the floor and watched her eyes close until she could sleep well. I'm sure she felt the peace in darkness. I admit, I am in every corner of her heart already.

I can't stop dreaming about her.

Okay. Long time no read. Sorry.

I guess you see the way I write the chapters. I am so, so lazy lately but I have to finish this one so that I'll be free from writer's block. Hope you understand.

-carleinelambers15