Chapter 9: Definitely The Last Morning

Elsa's P.O.V.

My eyes lit open when I saw Jack's body beside Olaf's. I knew it, he was definitely tired, so he has to rest, but for me, as a queen, I have to be responsible of everything.

"Wake up, sleepyheads," I weakly called. "It's already 7:00 in the morning." Jack's eyes opened. There were some fish scale-like things that come out from his eyes. Olaf rose tiringly from his bed, though he was relieved to see me sitting up on my bed. I accepted a hug from him. He simply told me not to be afraid of anything. I was reminded of what Grand Pabbie told me that I would die.

And this might definitely be my last morning. Forget it and let the day run how it really does. Anna gave me my breakfast in bed and took me to a bath. One deep realization I kept in mind is she's responsible enough, so I think I can bestow my queenship to her, because I know it. Everything else would go well because of her ruling.

The day is such a cliché for me. Visitors and visitors came to see me, because I thought that it would be my last day, but never in my life did I ever find this happiness. These moments of everyone seeing me before I die gave me an opportunity to know everyone else. Their names are listed in my heart, and they would not be forgotten.

I have felt the bliss, but I remembered that this might definitely be my last day. I guess, I have felt the signs. Jack left us in my room, but thank goodness he was able to see me even if he knows that I'm actually dying already. He has cared for me a lot of times, even these days.

The rest of the day, my sister and I played chess. We kept on looking at each other's station. I would check on my king and queen, and she would. She later moved a pawn, so I didn't tell you that the game has started. I looked at mine and moved a pawn that's in front of the queen, for strong defenses. She moved another pawn of hers and looked daringly at me.

"Who among of us is gonna win?" she asked daringly.

"I... I don't know! Let's hope for the best," I replied and moved another pawn. Anna then released her horse and looked at me daringly. She banged her clenched fists on the chessboard and all the chess pieces fell down.

"Man, what did I do?!" Anna cried. "I-I was stupid!"

"You're not stupid," I assured. "Anyway, I am tired of playing."

Anna took all the chess pieces and kept them inside a container. "So, when are we gonna play again?"

"Tomorrow?" I answered with uncertainty.

"Alright then, sis," she replied, "Take care." I nodded and agreed with her. Suddenly, a memory haunted me once again. My parents got on a trip then they died in the shipwreck. I couldn't get over it. But... why is my clock striking hard?

Oh no.

Suddenly, the afternoon's sky started to fade.

Guys, three chapters more and I'm done! *sigh* I am tired of writer's blocks! Agh!

I missed you all, Jelsa fans. :)

-carleinelambers15