1

Another night, another missed dinner.

You blew out the candles on the table and grabbed the plates, wrapping film over them and shoving them into the fridge. You yanked open the junk drawer and pulled out a sticky note, scribbling in black ink before placing the note on top of the plates.

You leaned a hand on the kitchen side and took your heels off before walking down the couple of steps to the hallway towards the bedrooms.

You dropped the heels at the vanity table, slipping out of the dress and padded across the plush carpet to the en-suite.

Leaning on the sink you looked into the mirror. The red lipstick you wore was faded, most of the wine glass you had been sipping away at all evening, and your hair had started to lose the curls.

You rolled your eyes and grabbed the make up wipes, swiping across your face to get ready to bed. You ran a brush through your hair, brushed your teeth and grabbed your pyjamas before pulling the duvet around you and getting lost in the fluffy sheets.

It was the third date night he missed that week. Eighth in the five weeks since you left the compound. Each one was getting harder not to be upset.

You slowly faded to sleep, hoping to wake in a better mood.

You woke as an arm snaked around your waist, kisses pressed against your shoulder and up your neck to your ear.

"I'm sorry." Buckys soft voice whispered in your ear, "I'm so sorry I missed another date night."

You turned round, nuzzling into him as he wrapped you in closer. Your legs intertwined with his. You felt he had stripped down to just his underwear before getting in beside you... and you hadn't felt that close for so long. Nothing was in the way of your skin touching.

You sighed, not opening your eyes, "I know. It just sucks."

You understood it. You really did. Bucky was still an Avenger, still living at the compound as it was easier for them. But it didn't make missed dates hurt less.

"Can I make it up to you?" Bucky smirked, pushing you on to your back and climbing on top of you.

You slowly opened your eyes and moaned as you finally looked at him. His stubble had grown a little longer than he usually had it, but you liked it. He looked well lived.... Like he needed it.

"What did you have in mind?" You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him in closer.

Bucky just smirked as he looped his fingers over your shorts band and pulled them down, disappearing under the sheets.

"Bucky..." you started to speak but his tongue licked the inside of your thigh causing you to shudder under his touch.

You couldn't see where he was or what he was doing as he covered himself with the sheet. The excitement of not knowing what he could do next drove you mad.

"You can't just do this every time..."

"I can."

Buckys hot breath hit your clit. You went to lift your hips but he grabbed them tight and pushed you back into the mattress. He licked a strip up your wet opening, sliding up and around your clit before wrapping his lips around and sucking gently.

Soft moans escaped your lips as Buckys tongue worked on your pussy. His hands moved up your hips and under your pyjama top. Bucky grabbed your breast, flicking a finger over your nipples as he sucked your clit.

You moaned out, pushing yourself in to him to get closer. You felt Bucky smirk against your skin as he continued to bring you closer to the edge.

"Bucky....I'm gonna..." you breathed as you felt that familiar knot forming in your stomach.

You squeezed your eyes shut as your whole body heated up, your toes tingled and you found breathing that little bit harder.

"Come for me. Please." Bucky begged, dipping his tongue inside as you tightened around him and fell over the edge of your orgasm, crying out as you did.

Bucky licked and sucked, cleaning you up before crawling back up to face you; a silly smirk plastered over it.

You opened your eyes and giggled, "What are you doing to me?"

"Same thing you're doing to me." He leaned down and placed a kiss on your lips."I'm crazy about you, Y/N. And I truly am sorry I missed tonight."

You sighed and wrapped your arms around his shoulders, "it's OK. Your jobs important."

"It shouldn't come before you though."

You smiled and pulled him in for another kiss. He meant the world to you, and you knew you meant the world to him. But what's the point if there was no world?

For the passed week or so, you had thought about rejoining the Avengers. But that wasn't you. If they needed you, you'd help out. But they never did. They have it covered.

But because of Buckys past, he felt like he owed a lot of good to make up for it. And you got it. But it was annoying when you would spend ages on dinner only for him to miss it. Or be waiting at a restaurant, the beach, cinema, wherever date night was and looking like an idiot who had been stood up.

This was going to be harder than your thought.