4

Sorry! My bad!
I was finishing reading a Draco FF and now I'm on a Draco high 😍
Took me a few days to get back to this...

(The FF is "Her" by 90swh0r3 )

———

You sat at the ambulance as the dust settled. You had inhaled a lot of smoke and dust, the paramedics wanted to make sure you were OK.

Everything had calmed down. The injured were being seen to while there was a clean up crew sorting out the rubble and smashed windows, cars, walls... so much was ruined.

Luckily, after a chat with Harry, you still had a job working from home until the building was built back up... however long that took. You didn't mind; video conferencing in your pants, and pretending your morning coffee didn't contain gin... Get in!

For a brief second you wondered whether you should rejoin the team....

Your mind whizzed back to that night when you saved everyone ... well, when you messed up and Tony saved everyone.

So, maybe not.

You managed to help today, and it did feel great... but you were so scared. You were thankful no one was killed, a few injuries that required hospital attention, but all in all not too bad. Next time.... It might not be a great outcome.

And that feeling alone made you accept your decision to step back.

"Can I just check your lungs?" A paramedic said with his stethoscope at the ready.

You nodded and unbuttoned your blouse a little so he could hear. You took in a few deep breaths and let them out slowly as he listened.

He smiled and took the stethoscope out his ears, "it's sounding pretty normal, but you may have some flare ups for a few days. Drink plenty and don't overdo it."

You walked out the barriers and towards the subway, wondering how others were dealing with this; how are they in hospital, at home, with loved ones? How did they get home? Did they casually take the subway too, or jump in a cab? Maybe someone picked them up. Or they walked.

What was someone suppose to do after a situation like that? How were people suppose to cope?

Before you realised, you were sat in the subway car and it jilted forward. You shook your head clear of thoughts and checked to make sure your feet took you to the correct one.

You got off a few stops later and walked back up to the Main Street. Here people were sat in bars and coffee shops still, laughing away with friends, family and lovers.

You overheard a few conversations about what happened; some knew those in the building and talked about them being ok in hospital... would they have been alright if the Avengers weren't around? Probably not...

Back home, you looked over the city through your floor to ceiling windows in the living area. It was still a hive of activity even late into the night. You could see some smoke still rising from your fallen work building and those around it.

All those people.

You looked up into the sky. Not a cloud rolled by, but no stars either thanks to the bright city lights. But thankfully nothing else was flying through that night. The only thing visible was the crescent moon, shining into the windows.