↬chapter 4

I drove around without a destination for about 20 minutes then looked at my phone and realized it was almost 9pm.
I decided to go buy a pregnancy test, to take a burden off my chest.
I parked in front of the pharmacy and before I could step out of my car, I texted Anna.

'What about Rose Weil?'

I knew she'd approve her.
She loved Rose, they used to spend Easter holidays together.
Once I went over at Anna's for Easter to celebrate it with them, although I didn't really spent my time with Rose.

I wore a pair of glasses, let the hair cover my face and stepped out the car.
"Pregnancy test, please" I said not crossing my gaze with the one of the shop assistant and taking 15 bucks from my pocket.
"Do I know you?" the man asked handing me the test.
I shook my head, handed him the money and left that place as soon as possible.
I sat in the car and snorted, I rested my forehead on the steering wheel thinking about the huge amount of things that had happened in only three days.
Suddenly a craving of Tequila took over me, so I started the car and drove to Lou's club even if it was a little early for it to be opened.

After 15 minutes of driving through Manhattan's roads I arrived to the club with blue sign.
There were no bouncers outside, even if the lights inside seemed to be turned on.
I tried to push the door anyways and to my surprise it was opened.
I walked down the stairs at the entrance and saw Lou sitting behind the counter.
She was counting some money, besides her, there were only two guys who were sweeping and no one else.
I walked towards her and sat at the counter smiling.
"Hey, what do I owe your visit to?" she asked as she noticed me.
She kept on counting the money and alternate her gaze between me to the banknotes.
I really appreciated the fact that she didn't touch me, after what had happened with Nathan, being touched wasn't the same, it wasn't a blessing anymore... nothing was the same.
"I just had this craving of Tequila so I thought you could help me" I said, she giggled and placed a bottle and two glasses on the counter.
"Pour some for me too" she said and kept on counting money.
I nodded and started to drink a glass after another, as she finished counting the money, she sat beside me and grabbed her glass.
"Will you tell me what's wrong, won't you?" the blondie asked after a couple of moments in silent, the only answer she received was my confused gaze.
"I've been working with you mother for 12 years, we lived together for 7 and I knew everyone in your family, I can speak a little german too" she said chuckling and pouring some more Tequila in her glass, then placed the bottle back to its place.
She kept on staring at me with a raised eyebrow, waiting for an exhaustive answer.
I looked at her for a second, then shook my head.
I shoved three finger and my pocket and caught the pack of cigarettes.
"Fuck" I snorted noticing there were any.
The blondie stood up and walked towards me chuckling.
"You should quit smoking" she said grabbing the empty pack and throwing it behind the counter.
I shook my head and rubbed my eyes.
She was still standing, in front of me, I could feel her breath.
I raised my glance and looked at her eyes but immediately her eye fell on my neck.
"Your foundation is gone" she said grabbing the two glasses and placing them in the sink.
I ran two fingers on my neck and stared at my own reflection on the sceen of my phone.
I only ran my fingers over the hickey on the left, it was yellowish, it was vanishing... it was Lou's one.
I wasn't even on the verge of the other one.
When I realized the glacial gaze of the woman was solid on me, I immediately took my fingers away and looked up at her eyes.
She was looking at me with a soft smile, melancholic and deep eyes.
For a moment I felt like she was reading every inch of my soul.
I was sure she knew everything that happened but, luckily, broke the tension that had built with a joke.
"If you're sad it's vanishing, I'll gladly fix it, it'll take me less than a minute" she said chuckling and showing her teeth pretending to be a vampire.
I blessed myself of her laugh.
She was so beautiful.
I stood up and caught my stuffs.
"I gotta go"
She walked up to me and hugged me, at first I was stiff but after a couple of seconds I let myself sink in her arms.
I suddenly felt safe, protected.
She was able to understand me even when I said nothing.
"Boss, the delivery's here, I need you to come sign up" Lou nodded and pulled away the hug.
"If something happens, call me" she reassured, I nodded and left the club.