Someone better [mild Angst]

[Contains spoiler for Vol.6 Chapt.43]

A/N: As some of you might already get the concept judging by the title and the spoiler warning. Yes, it's THAT part. I don't think this chapt is that sad. A soft Angst.

Alternate universe:
Doesn't contain anything about football, but the concept of Nagi and Isagi still remains.

🎵🎶:
Dark red - Steve Lacy
She likes another boy - Oscar Lang
Me and Husband - Mitski
Everything - The black skirts

Reo Mikage's POV:

It was rather a sunny day, nothing unusual. I walk to school together with Nagi as usual.

Nagi and I have been seeing each other for quite sometime now. We would go out to get dinner together sometimes or go to the movies together, but our relationship still remains a secret. It was nothing but a mere obsession... "obsession" is rather a big word to describe it but who wouldn't be in love with him. He's my precious treasure and I will often show my affection towards him when no one's around. Sometimes a peck, a deeper kiss, or just holding each other's hands. It was often a warm feeling and we enjoyed each other's company. Because of my huge responsibility I carry as an only child in the Mikage bloodline, I don't know what to expect in the future... or even if me and Nagi will be able to go through the pressure of my family if they found out I'm dating a man. One thing's for sure is that I will always hold to Nagi no matter what. I love him and my biggest fear would be losing him.

Since it's the new semester, we have to change seats, which is why I'm a bit disappointed Nagi wouldn't sit behind me like usual now.

After arriving in the classroom, the smell of white chalk fills the air. The teacher quickly assign us to our new spots. I was placed at the back of the class while Nagi sits beside the middle row window with another boy. He has a black hair with blue indigo eyes.

Our days went normally and smoothly like always, we eat our bentos on the rooftop and talked like our normal everyday conversation, about the new released games on switch and football. That was until he brings up his new seat partner, Isagi Yoiichi. Nagi talked non-stop about him. Which was unusual because of how quiet he usually is. Which Nagi is clearly interested in this guy, I would admit I'm a bit jealous, but I didn't think much of it as if Nagi would stop talking about him in a few weeks.

...That was a lie. Nagi starts to ditch me for him, excuses like group work or partnership. It made me grew an unsettling feeling but what could I do? Absolutely nothing. Isagi joined us for lunch time too, which Nagi seems to enjoy his company a lot, possibly even more than me. It hurts more than a knife stabbing me into the chest over and over. It's like my heart is about to burst. I hated it.

I've slowly got tired of it and I wanted to confront Nagi about it. About the situation and all. It's honestly such a pain in the ass. He keeps refraining my affection, even a bit of touching would get him annoyed. Which is why I later took the opportunity after school and I dragged him to the back of the school building, Nagi not saying a word, remaining silent, ignoring my sadden features.

"Nagi. Did you lose interest in me?" It was straight-forward and blunt.

Nagi looked up from his switch lite. "No? Why? Is it because of Isagi?"

'Obviously...'

"Am I not good enough for you. Nagi." I looked down to see my white, dusty sneakers soaked by my tears.