Chapter 1

....
Donella Valentini...

I stared at my hands,"Ma Bella?"

"Mm?"

"I made you supper"

"Thank you mama"

She walked to me and sat down by me,"Don't you want to go out and see if you can find another girl..not a life partner but a..stress reliever?"

"No"

"Why?"

"Because they aren't her"

"Why do you want her?"

"Because I love her..she is my whole world mama..no matter what she did..I love her"

My mother smiled,"I do too..I just think your grandmother played a big part in what's happened"

"I do too"

She nodded,"So...eat,shower and come downstairs so I can do your hair"

I looked at her,"Mama-"

"Do as I say"she said and left,I sighed and ate the pasta she brought for me.I sipped my wine and sighed.

I showered and changed into a nightgown and walked downstairs.The maids taking the dishes,I found my mother in the living room alone,reading.

"You've been here a lot these last few months"I remarked pouting her wine.

She closed her book and looked at me,"Come sit"

I walked to her and sat down on the floor in front of her.She brushed my hair,"Feeling a bit better?"

"Yes..thank you mama"

"Always"she whispered.

She separated my hair and plaited the one piece,I watched the darkened TV."Now..mama has been here a lot..I know..I've just been worried about you"

"I know mama"

She kissed my cheeks.

I smiled and looked at the window,she sang something while she worked on my hair."Mama?"

"Mm?"

"Do..you think she'll want to be with me?"

"I think so"

I looked at her,she smiled,"Mama..knows it's hard now"

I nodded and looked down,"Yes"

She kissed my cheek.

I heard Lucia giggling with Courtney and Nina,I smiled and walked to the window and watched them.Lucia is so happy..I'm so happy she found her special people.

I smiled.

My mother kissed my cheeks.

"We'll find her.."

"I hope so"

I walked upstairs and called my Grandmother on a whim that she should pick up.I sighed and called again and again.

Finally someone answered,"Donella"My grandmother spoke softly.

"Where is she?"

"With me"

"Where?!"

"Would you really like to know?"

I clenched my jaw,"Nonna-"

"She's in bed..waiting for me"

Rage flooded threw me,"Nonna-"

"Donella..she doesn't want you"