F.O.U.R.

~🍁~

"Work hard,
push yourself.
No one else is going to do that for you."

"

~☘️~

Hoseok clapped his hands.

Soon a few people entered the practice room with a small box on their hands. They kept the box on the table, took a short glance at us and left the room quietly.

Though they looked at us for not more than half a second, there was something in their eyes as if they were pitying us.

But why would they pity us? Hoseok is strict but he can't be that bad, can he? Maybe I was just imagining things myself.

"Ahem..", a sudden clearing of throat broke my chain of thoughts.

 "As we all know, concentration and being able to focus on one thing for a long time is a very important part of dancing.

Today all I want you all to do is learn to concentrate, but I also have somebody special to help you all with it."

Saying so he removed the lid of the container.

All of us flinched away as far as possible from the container. 

"Say hi to Miss Milo" he picked up the thing with his bare hands.

I froze at my spot.

A chameleon.

A freaking chameleon!

The highly specialised camouflagic lizard was sitting inside the green container camouflaged in similar colour. It would be hard to see it if we looked at it from far. I was trying my best not to freak out at the sight.

Did I mention that I don't have a very good acquaintance with lizards? No matter what form.

I was five years old when a lizard fell on me while I was playing. I freaked out so much that I had ended up unconscious and had to be taken to a hospital. That's when I caught herpetophobia and always end up having a panic attack every time I confronted one.

"The task is very simple. You'll will be provided with a certain position and have to hold it on without moving till I say so. But our little friend is going to accompany you while doing it."

He smirked at us.

Was this man a freaking psychopath?

How are we supposed to concentrate with a whole ass chameleon roaming around freely on our body?

My urge to smack him and wipe off that evil smirk off his face was very high at that point.

 He brought up the reptile in a manner as if it was a long-lost friend of his and held it out for us to see. To my horror I saw the chameleon sticking its tongue out at us which increased my already existing terror.

"Miss Somi, I would request you to come up first."

He called as I saw one of the tall black-haired girl moving slowly towards the centre.

He switched on the projector.

It showed a splitting pose with one hand above the head and the other touching one leg.

She hesitantly worked up into the position as Hoseok walked near her holding the chameleon in his hands. I saw her body jerk up a little at it's touch but she quickly gained back her composer and concentrated at her position. 

After a whole minute he asked her to release while picking up the reptile with his bare hands which was roaming around her torso. She breathed a sigh of relief as the animal was picked up.

After her two three people followed, they were all scared at first but they managed to do the task somehow.

I was even surprised when Hoseok clapped for the third boy who did the whole task completely without flinching once.

I was determined now that I had to complete the task no matter what. I didn't want to get humiliated in front of the whole class.

"Now may I request the new guest of our class to come up." He motioned his hands towards me signalling me to get up.

I got up slowly, dragging my feet towards the centre. The projector behind me showed a posture where I had to hold up one leg behind my back with both my hands while I had to balance myself on one leg. Well, it was a difficult pose to hold on to.

Anyways I pulled myself onto the posture flashing on the giant screen.

"Ready Miss Park?" he asked in an deride tone to which I nodded slightly though I knew I am going to have a heart attack sooner or later.

I gasped as I felt something sticky crawl up my back.

Focus Luna focus.

Don't panic, don't panic.

You have to prove yourself.

I already felt tears pool round my eyes. I tried hard to breathe to calm myself down but it was difficult in this position. 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 8 minutes, yet this man was not saying over.

.

Hoseok was standing there quietly watching the poor girl struggle. He could make out easily that she was scared of reptiles the first time he heard her gape loudly the moment he set that free on her body. But still he couldn't stop himself from enjoying the scene beholding in front of him.

That's it. 

Already stream of tears were flowing down her cheeks which she couldn't hold onto anymore. Within a second; she dropped from her position and fell hard on the ground.

.

I could feel the animal escape away from my body. The whole class was whispering which were loud enough for me to hear and the not-so-kind-words coming from some of the students also came to my attention.

I also felt Rose spasm at my action.

She was scared of the consequence.

So was I.

"I know dance is not for everyone.

I knew it the first day you came late in my class and dared to talk back when I spoke to you. 

Now look at yourself. Can't even complete a simple task. So, I suggest if you really wish to learn something,
tidy up your basics.

Or else you are free to leave my class and never return."

I looked down and gulped, as I felt a painful knot in my throat. I knew the only reason he was doing this was because I had the courage to reply back at his face. I felt anger and humiliation boiling within me and a part of me wanted to scream and cry at being treated like this.

"I am sorry professor" I managed to let out softly as I met his eyes which already had a victorious gleam evident as he managed to embarrass me in front of the whole class.

"Go back." He mumbled before turning around with is hands inside his pocket. 

Ugh, kids these days, he thought.

(A/N : Sorry for updating after such a long time. I was a bit busy with my studies and some personal works. But I have written the next chapter and will be publishing that soon. Drop some suggestions in the comments how you want this story to continue. Also hope everyone is in the best of their healths.

Happy reading, stay hydrated.)