Chapter 32. the Preparation

"You're taking me to the Lake?" I had anxiously stared at the blue and white lace socks and cheap- looking black high heels that Julian had handed over to me. A nice peaceful walk... was the strangest of all activities that he had planned for us today. I'd rather have laid in his 

arms for the entire rest of the afternoon, and as usual Julian was using his breathtaking crooked grin, cheering me on as he watched me walk with the high heels on. I hadn't even been the sort of outdoor girl before, as soon as I walked I would end up tripping over. 

"Today we're not exactly walking, but we are in fact taking a stroll which is on a trail towards some forests. It's only a few seconds away, if you need to be carried you can just ask me Aubrielle." Julian said lovingly.

"The high heels are my absolute favourite, as usual. Is it Elodie again?" I asked, trying carefully not to fall over. 

"Actually, I had chosen them myself." Julian's smile grew wider. "I had been checking your wardrobe, in order to analyze your shoe size. It was incredibly easy for me to do." Julian said playfully. I smiled softly, nodding my head as I tried to picture him going through my shoes. 

"So, where is the lake located?" I asked him curiously.

"It's one of my favourite places that I have been traveling to for many centuries. Its known to be very silent, but has always been quite dazzling, it had always seemed to lose colour. Due to this weather. When it's sunny again, this can then be our place." Julian spoke happily.

I was now wearing high heels and had got myself up, wiggling my tiny foot to see his proud expression. "Are you sure that I'll be fine?" I asked him anxiously, gently biting down on my lip. 

"Aubrielle I promise that you are going to be fine," Julian growled calmly, He had pulled me into his arms. Julian leaned down to kiss me again, for a couple of minutes and I slowly broke away from him. I giggled amusingly, "You won't hear me complaining, if you are ready to carry on... lets continue on with our walk." I said teasingly.

Julian had chuckled softly gently pressing a kiss to my hair, his particular body language was playful and teasing like it had been during our second reunion. 

We had finally made our way to the top floor and he had taken me through another door as he paused for a split second, and he had let out another silent chuckle. 

"I'd have thought of something else for another great big surprise later, in the other location, it's all due to this horrendous weather. Aubrielle,"

"Now it's your turn to see why our family cannot go out in the sunlight." Julian said excitedly. I stared directly up at the beaming sun between the trail and house, and stared...