26

When you hear the tone please leave a message, when you've finished recording you may hit 1 for more options.

*beep*

"Hey bebs I just want to know how you're holding up. I just landed back home. Please call me back. I love you." Nick said before hanging up with a sigh.

Sat on the curb a tear rolled down his cheek as he waited for his Uber to arrive.

-

"Excuse me ma'am you aren't allowed in here." I heard someone say behind me.

"This is my brother- please." I said, trying my best to hold back the tears as I saw my brother laying there.

"Y/n?"

"Yes."

"Okay so-"

-

"Can I help you?" The lady at the desk asked annoyed.

"Y-yeah. What room is Y/LN in?"

"How are you related to this person?" She asked skeptical.

"That's my in law." Nick said trying not to show any signs of excitement.

"Okay, room 526." She said flatly before Nick said a quick 'thank you' and headed off to the designated room.

Quickly, he ran to the elevators and pressed the dimly lit upwards arrow and waited for what had felt like an eternity.

When the cue of the elevator was heard, he swiftly slipped through the elevator doors and pressed the button 5 to finally see his best friend.

-

"So, how did this even happen?" Y/n asked the nurse softly.

"We aren't sure of the exact cause, but the investigators said that they would come by soon." She said, remorse could be heard in her voice.

"Alright. Thanks."

"Of course. If you need any help, just press the button there." The nurse said pointing to the button that was on the side of the bed. With a quick nod from Y/n she moved out of the door to leave them alone.

"C'mon Ty please push through this." Y/n whispered to him from his bedside before reaching for their phone from their pants pocket.

Finally being able to click it on they turned off do not disturb and saw all the notifications.

The amount of phone calls make them regret not telling Nick what was going on.

Clicking on the notification, they listened to the most recent voice-mail that he left.

"Hey bebs I just want to know how you're holding up. I just landed back home. Please call me back. I love you"

The sound of worrisome that they heard from the phone making their heart jerk, and their stomach feel uneasy and sick.

"Y/n?"

"I'm so sorry bebs-" Y/n started in between sobs, looking at their vans that they wrote on with sharpie to match Nick's. Tears starting to cloud their vision.

"Hey, look up." He said, his heavy breaths audible through the phone as they heard running coming down the hall.

Doing as he said, they looked up. Wiping their eyes with the sleeves of their hoodie their eyes connected.

Watching as he hung up the phone the thoughts all connected in their mind about what he had said on the phone earlier.

"Wait what?" Y/n sniffle in disbelief.

"I'm here bebs." He smiled, before pulling Y/n into a hug.