Story of Adipoli - 1

"Maapla, yen da Ivlo veruppa iruka. Lockdown mudinjadhuku aprom intha maadhiri free time e irukadhu da. Raavum Pagalum shooting spot la tha irukka porom. Ippo nalla rest eduthuko. Paapa kooda pesu. Pidichadha sei. Naa Oru naal veetuku varen paapavum kootitu."

Ashwin sighed, as he heard these words from his co - actor Pugazh.. No..  His future brother-in-law.

"Sari machan, naa Aprom pesren"

His thoughts shifted to the past as he went through his IG account pondering about his life before and after CWC.

Life had been anything but happy for Ashwin throughout his journey in Chennai for the past 7 years. Things took a turn, it was all sudden, that's when he realized he was bestowed with a bunch of people who loved him wholeheartedly for who is, while he wasn't fully aware of what had happened in his life within a very short span of 6 months overpowering the negativity and hurdles he faced in all these years.

Above all, the most significant occurrence being his encounter with the love of his life in the show and his successful venture into a serious relationship with her after receiving green signal from both of their parents.

He understood that his current state was overwhelmed with euphoria and delight only when it finally struck his mind on how hard it was to act/pose as a loner during the making of his album song masquerading the natural sparkle in his eyes.

He deliberately avoided her calls and messages during the shoot to prevent himself from entering into the realm of bliss as his fear of reflecting the same in the frame was peaking high as every minute passed

A huge grin lingered on his lips as he reminisced their meeting after the end of the shoot and how he convinced his little woman to let go of her anger by taking her on a piggyback ride throughout his house.

The spike in Covid-19 cases demanded the need for a complete curfew subsequently shutting down the normalcy of the citizens in all walks of life and his field was no exception to it.

His debut movie shoot which was supposed to begin few days back, was postponed and he had vague idea regarding when things would again be normal as before.

Pondering on his contemporary emotions as he battled with his mind to control his urge of meeting her in person owing to his recent recovery from the deadly virus, he was casually stalking their hashtag using his fake ID in twitter. He couldn't help but laugh at 'her' fanboys' atrocities.

He stumbled upon a fan edit comprising of the beautiful moments from the episode where he won the immunity round. It still fascinated him as to how he lost his cool in a set full of cameras focusing him from all the directions when people were accusing her of not being able to work efficiently and that she was an additional hindrance to his cooking. Had he the ability to open his 'third eye' when his frustration reached its peak, master and others who teased her would have been burnt to ashes convicting him as a prisoner for a lifetime or even worse, hanged to death.

After it's telecast, his family members repeatedly questioned him whether he was instructed to say so and act accordingly. He simply replied no and acted cool as if it was nothing unusual about defending her as she always did her best in helping the cooks but was constantly chided despite investing her fullest efforts. With hindsight, his mom understood that his son did not fortify her just because of being his comali on that day and knowingly smiled as if she had a premonition of how their equation was not going to be limited to a Cook - Comali relationship in future.

As he started watching the edit, he was simply admiring his girl's adorable antics and waggishness. The moment she started singing his favorite track, he saw his image on the screen mirroring his cluelessly surprised reaction at that moment which was quite visible through his eyebrow twitch and went on to dwell in her singing. However, their convo before the song did not go unnoticed.

"Ethavadhu thappa irundha kandukadheenga"
"Yen? Antha paata ezhudhinadhu naana?"

His mind got engulfed in this convo for a long time even after moving out of his living room to the kitchen to satiate his hunger by preparing her favorite mushroom pasta.

As he started munching on his meal, he stood up suddenly as if the chair on which he was seated upon was about to break ( sorry for using this comparison..🤣 I'm very bad at it) and went to the sofa to pick up his mobile wanting to ring up someone.

To be continued...

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello peeps!

Am just an amateur writer and this is my first attempt in Wattpad. I've made my first update to be a short one. I welcome all your comments and feedback. Please do vote if you find it interesting ( I need a boost up 🤣) and comment your opinion. Will update the story based on the responses received. 

- Bargavi V